Need rear hatch for B4V

dieseltruck

TDI
96,97 Passat sedans
If anyone has one to sell I’ll pick it up and pay cash. My back glass is shattered (don’t weedeat near your car). Posted this on wanted-sell forum also. Thanks. Andrew (918) 527-8116

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
If anyone has one to sell I’ll pick it up and pay cash. My back glass is shattered (don’t weedeat near your car). Posted this on wanted-sell forum also. Thanks. Andrew (918) 527-8116
KY too far away to go? There's a maroon hatch at US Auto parts and sales in Georgetown for $50.

You'd probably need to call to get specifics but they say they have one.

Steve

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Also the hatch hinges are different between the 1995 and 96-97 ask me how I know.

dieseltruck

TDI
96,97 Passat sedans
Steve, thanks I called and he said he’ll check on Monday.
Abacus, don’t do it! Maybe could figure something out or do a road trip. Either one tornado red?

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
I think the glass is just urethaned in. May be easier to just ship or find the glass, unless there’s something wrong with your hatch.

-Todd

dieseltruck

TDI
96,97 Passat sedans
Abacus - If you want to sell one or both of the rear hatches I can figure a way to get them. I’m also interested in any other parts you might want to get rid of. I tried PMing you but maybe you didn’t get it. Let me know what you have.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Abacus - If you want to sell one or both of the rear hatches I can figure a way to get them. I’m also interested in any other parts you might want to get rid of. I tried PMing you but maybe you didn’t get it. Let me know what you have.
Were you unable to get one at the place I found on c-p?

Steve

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V#2 "Flash", 2000 Jetta GL, B4V#1 "PaTuDI" (2008-2018 RIP)

I've got a hood and all 4 doors for a B4V, maroon, for sale here in Calif. Fairly stripped, more carcass than complete but rust/dent free. PM me if you're interested.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I did not get your PM but can send you one. I don't want anything for the rear hatches, you can just have them. I have no idea how they'll get to you. I have other body parts as well if you want them since I need to clean them out.

Great timing, I'm taking a load of scrap to the metal recycler today but won't include them or other larger parts. As to what I have, it's a fair amount. I've accumulated many parts over the years and could probably assemble another car at this point. I'll try and give you call today and we can figure out what I have that you may want or need.

Last edited:

dieseltruck

TDI
96,97 Passat sedans
Steve - I called the place in Georgetown, Ky and he said he hasn’t had that car for quite some time.
MarsBar - thanks but don’t think I need any of that.
Abacus - I’ll wait to hear from you at your convenience and I’ll plan on a road trip.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Steve - I called the place in Georgetown, Ky and he said he hasn’t had that car for quite some time.
MarsBar - thanks but don’t think I need any of that.
Abacus - I’ll wait to hear from you at your convenience and I’ll plan on a road trip.
You know I'm finding that's the case with a lot of the listings on car-part. When I call about a particular car I also get the 'that's a very old listing, I know we don't have that anymore.'

I might ask car-part about why they aren't keeping their listings current, it really is maddening to call on several listings and have every one of them be gone.

I just called a yard in Aline OK a few weeks ago and got that same response, and they even had a half dozen pictures of the car online.

It was very disappointing.

Steve

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V#2 "Flash", 2000 Jetta GL, B4V#1 "PaTuDI" (2008-2018 RIP)
That was one of the main reasons my wagon was totaled -- rear hatch couldn't be found anywhere.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Damn, is stuff getting that rare?
It's safe to consider the entire car as obsolete. I'm getting a power steering return line made for mine now. Got the last steering rack we could find about a year ago, none left. Lots more parts like that.