Need New Tints

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
I need to redo my tints and I want a good quality paper that has the maximum heat reflection to keep my interior cooler. Currently have 3M 20% on it and I don't care for it. Lets in way to much heat. Any recommendations?

Dieselducky

Veteran Member
TDI
88 Jetta Diesel - 2000 Jetta TDI - 04 BMW M3 - 06 Kia Rio - F350 Superduty - 87 Buick GNX - Mobile Cranes
High metal film made by either LLumar or 3M...5% in the rear window and rear doors....15% on the front doors

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
High metal film made by either LLumar or 3M...5% in the rear window and rear doors....15% on the front doors
Exact same here with a 5% sun strip on the windshield as well.
3M film. Car still gets supper hot when parked. But while driving, you get a sun burn with the windows down, nice and cool with them up.
Perfect for the kids in the back too:) no need for sun glasses:)

sirpuddingfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat, 05 Jetta
Ceramic film. Huper-Optik comes to mind.
3m has a ceramic series too.

I had my Jetta done professionally with 40% ceramic tint (under $200). It's amazing. Way better than the metallic tint on the golf and passat.

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
The interior of my car gets so hot down here in the summer that last year the suction cup on my GPS melted to the windshield. This year has already started to be a scorcher, 90+ days with 60 to 70% humidity. Right now its 1:52pm and it is 88* with 62% humidity and the Real Feel is 104* in the shade. I need some super Ceramic tints and the A/C out of a Cadillac.

jptbay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2006 Jetta Wagon
LLumar ceramic here. Very happy with it.

Installer had both 3M and LLumar ceramic available, said LLumar installs much nicer/easier to work with.