Need help with my VAGCOM fault regarding my ABS. 2000 Beetle ALH.

Newflee

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle TDI
Just had a front brake hose blow out and ended up getting air in my ABS unit that needs to be purged/bleed out. I cannot accomplish this at the moment because VAGCOM will not let me into basic settings. It seems like it is not communicating with the ABS controller however it will retrieve faults associated with the ABS so it must be communicating right? I get faults for instrument cluster, CAN gateway and ABS controller, all associated with the ABS stating 49-10 No Communications With ABS Controller. When scanning the ABS controller for fault codes I get " Supply voltage terminal 30, 16-10 - Signal outside specs.
Can anyone help me out with this? Where is Terminal 30? Anyone have an issue like this? Never had any issues with the ABS on this car before this hose blow out.
Thanks in advance.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
terminal 30 just means a permanent positive or "hot wire".... always ON
Sounds like you have a supply issue to your ABS... probably a blown fuse... check all fuses and replace whichever one is blown.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I think you have a fusebox on top of your battery, and some connector on the right hand side of it which lots of people have had "loose" for various reasons.....

Newflee

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle TDI
I think you have a fusebox on top of your battery, and some connector on the right hand side of it which lots of people have had "loose" for various reasons.....
Ok thanks...I'll look into that. Anyone out there have more detail on this loose connector?

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Newflee

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle TDI
Great thanks!....I'll start with that.

Newflee

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle TDI
Ok it turns out that connector on the battery cover was the problem. A few sprays of deoxit and communication with the abs unit is restored. Thanks for the help.
Now just have to bleed the unit using Vagcom.