Need help with car-side wiring harness - doesn't match Bentley

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
Folks,

I'm doing an Audi TT/ALH conversion and need some help tracking down a wiring diagram. I have both Bentleys for my conversion/donor cars: 2000-2006 Audi TT and 1999-2005 Golf/Jetta Mk4.

The diagram I'm trying to find is for the 2000 Audi TT, car-side. The Audi TT is the 1.8l FWD coupe version (not the quattro). The TT is a very early/low serial number car and the wiring diagram does not match the Bentley. It also does not match any of the wiring diagrams in the VW Bentley.

Here's what is unique/different about the Audi car-side harness:

1) It has a 10 pin connector in the plastic runner (where the 4 pin glowplug connector is on a Golf/Jetta) instead of the 14 pin connector down by the battery. This connects the engine harness to the car harness.

2) It has a 10 pin Fan Control module instead of the 14 pin Fan Control Module

3) It has a green 10 pin connector in the cowl/plenum instead of a white 10 pin connector.

I have searched all over to find the diagram, but have not been successful. Does anyone know of a similar Audi/VW (and year) that matches this harness? I need to double check the 10 pin connector wiring in the plastic runner to match to the VW engine harness. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Eric

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
You probably would get better response if you start a Thread in the TDI Conversions category.

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
AndyBees,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if Wingnut or VeeDubTDI can move it to the TDI Conversions thread. Thanks.

Eric