Need help getting radio code

JSJ

TDI
2005 Golf TDI 2006 Jetta TDI
Bought a used radio at a junk yard after mine died didn't think of get the code off the car but car is long gone now. Call around to several dealers they won't give the code over the phone and want 65 and up for the code. My radio serial number is vwz4z6p3726501k tried my old radio code but it didn't work. Appreciate any help I'm in Conroe, Tx and I'm close to Houston if anybody know a dealership that won't give me the run around.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
Good luck with that. Its the dealer or There are places on ebay that can give codes cheap although i’ve not used one.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Yup, ebay is the way to go. One guy I did business on ebay now let's me just message him on whatsapp. Send him a picture of my serial tag, paypal him 5 bucks, and he'll get me a code. I've sold nice RNS-315 and RCD-510 pulled from the junkyard on ebay this way. :)

JSJ

TDI
Do you still need the code?
Yes I do need the code and thanks for all the replies I've been trying to find a dealer that will deal with me and not charge an hour of labor I have the radio serial number but not the original Vin number off the car the radio was pulled from. VWZ4Z6P3726501K

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Go on ebay and just pay someone for a code. Costs like $5-7. I've done this many many times for the RCD-510, RNS-315 and RNS-510 and had a 100% success rate. Supposedly, they're still derived from dealers, but in Europe. I don't ask how they get the PIN and don't care, so long as it works.

JSJ

TDI
Thanks I'll look into it do you know the eBay seller id that you use?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Doesn't need to be *the* VIN of the car that the radio came from, just *a* VIN.

Used to be pretty easy, but chatting with the local VW techs, they can only get it now by going through VW's dealer internet portal. They actually need to connect to a car, run their diagnostics (assuming it's ODIS), and then request the code by supplying the radio's serial number.

For sure, it's not an hour of labour, but it's not as simple as punching digits into a computer either. $10-20 on eBay would be the route I'd take, for sure.