Need Help Finding a Trusted Mechanic

whyfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW TDI Wagon auto. transmission
My daughter is in L.A., going to school and she owns a 2000 2.SLO gasser Jetta. I'm in Oregon and can't get down there to help with her maintenance need. Hoping to get a few references or suggestions as to where she could take her car for some preventitive maint.

Car needs oil change, brake inspection (maybe new brakes) and an 01M fluid/filter change.

Any leads?? Thanks in advance.

NFSTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'98 Jetta
There is a shop down there, at least one that I seem to recall. Something like Wild Rose Motors. Never used it myself, but I have heard good things.

marleyi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI 2015 Golf Sportswagen
There is a shop down there, at least one that I seem to recall. Something like Wild Rose Motors. Never used it myself, but I have heard good things.
I have used Wild Rose Before and he did a great job. Only thing is he is very TDI specific. The OP said she has a gasser so he may refer her to somewhere else

temporaptor

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta TDI 11 335D M-Sport
I bought my car from Harv, he stands behind his work. My IP started leaking and he resealed it at no cost to me. BUT I have had trouble getting a hold of him by phone and email. I dont think you can go wrong with Harv or Matt. I like that Matt comes to you though, makes things really convenient.

NFSTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'98 Jetta
I have used Wild Rose Before and he did a great job. Only thing is he is very TDI specific. The OP said she has a gasser so he may refer her to somewhere else
Not sure how I missed that.

You might want to post a thread on VW Vortex. This is the place for TDIs...gassers, not so much...