Need Guidance-2006 Jetta TDI

listerone

Veteran Member
TDI
2018 BMW 540d
I'm seriously considering the above mentioned car for my daughter.Drove it yesterday and was quite pleased although it looked a bit rough because they hadn't put it through the shop yet.The service dept gave me a detailed printout of the vehicle's features (with option codes) but I'm unclear on a few points.I'm particularly curious as to exactly what engine it features and that engine's specs and requirements (oil spec,required oil change interval,etc).I'm also a bit curious about the radio's features ("Radio "Premium",Double Size Standard Radio") as well as any onboard computer it might have (and it seems to have one).

BTW...the engine code is "MS7" and it's listed as "1.9 L/74 kW TDI pump-jet injection.Base engine is T5X/T21/T71"

Any input (links,comments,etc) would be appreciated.

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Pkg2 DSG Navi
OP - the link D-Cell Mekanick has provided outlines the MkV chassis pallet of trim levels. I was able to order/purchase one of the few extreme optioned Jetta TDIs; 5 years and 100k miles have since accumulated and that said,,, I'd buy this TDI all over again. With my actual maintenence cost metrix,,, it doesn't bode well for the TDI but,,,, I'd buy this TDI all over again.

It is a solidly built, generously optioned, fun to drive, compact -under the radar- sedan. And at $31k new it didn't break the bank going in. The plan for a through spring maintenence is to ready the car for the next 5 years/100k miles. Did I mention its fun to drive! An affordable set of VW DriversGear sport coil springs will lower & tighten up the suspension just right for urban streets. At my daughters HS their are a few Jetta GLI sedans driven by seniors. Its a smart solid 5 star safe car for a new'er driver, or an old fart like me. My other car is a 993 C2S coupe and my wife drives a 997.2 cabriolet. The MkV chassis TDI is one of the great VWs.

Last edited: