Need Good VW Service (CNJ/NNJ/NYC)

LVPAJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
GSW, 2015, Silver, 6-spd
Hey All -
I need to take my 2015 GSW in anyway to get the Phase 2 fix, but in the last month-ish I've thrown two check engine/ECM codes so I will be going to VW Service sooner rather than later. I'm going to start a separate thread with that info because on the last one I lost power brakes.

Need to know a good dealership service department somewhere between Netcong, NJ and NYC. I drive the Rt. 80 corridor every day but I'm willing to go as far south as Rt. 78/22 and as far north as Rt. 287/17 for someone who will fix the car without jerking me around. The Manhattan dealership is the closest to me, but a pain to get into/out of downtown.

If there are any dealers to avoid, please let me know that too.

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
Avoid Open Road VW in Bridgewater. This morning I scheduled my phase 2 fix with Douglas VW in Summit, dropping it off Monday. I have friends who have used their service department in the past with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdh

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, 2014 BMW 328d, X Drive
NNJ VW Service

I bought my 2015 Golf TDI & have it serviced at Crestmont in Pomptain Plains, N.J.

I have been very happy with them and believe their pricing has been not cheap but fair.

If you're going in for routine service, they will quote you a price over the phone.

I started using them on my 2011 Jetta TDI before the "scandal".

They are located on NJ Highway 23N. (Just north of Jackson Ave) maybe 10 miles north of RT80/46/23.

Phone number is 877-622-1219

They have always been honest with me and they can service your car immediately.

LVPAJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
GSW, 2015, Silver, 6-spd
Avoid Open Road VW in Bridgewater. This morning I scheduled my phase 2 fix with Douglas VW in Summit, dropping it off Monday. I have friends who have used their service department in the past with no issues.
Awesome. Thanks. Please let me know how it goes. Did they give you any issues with a loaner car while you're there for the update? How long did they say it will take?

Last edited:

TDI+Boats

TDI
2015 Golf SE
Avoid Shrewsbury VW with any and all ability you have. They previously also had a Saab dealership that was stripped from them for poor customer service and an inability to fix problems. I went there twice and both times they lied to me to try to get more money. First time told me my breaks were metal on metal and when I went to change them I had more than 5mm left on all. Second, time they told me they couldn't see any smoke from my engine compartment despite me already having pictures of urea crystallizing and smoking on the block.

I have had amazing service from Young VW in Easton, PA as well as Toms River VW in Toms River, NJ. I understand they are a bit far but just my two cents.

pdh

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, 2014 BMW 328d, X Drive
Awesome. Thanks. Please let me know how it goes. Did they give you any issues with a loaner car while you're there for the update? How long did they say it will take?
I did not require a loaner because I left my car there while I went away on vacation.
Initially they told me it would take 2 days. The car was finished when I returned from my trip.