Need advice on springs - Mk7 Golf TDI SEL

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
H&R Sports (correct ones for our TDI)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I just picked up some H&R springs. The rears look pretty straightforward to install on my driveway. Maybe I'll do my rears and pay a shop to do the fronts.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
54786-2 for the Golf TDI

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thank ya, will share that!

I just picked up some H&R springs. The rears look pretty straightforward to install on my driveway. Maybe I'll do my rears and pay a shop to do the fronts.
The rears are real straight forward and with the solid rear end, it's a breeze! You'll need either a jack or another set of capable hands (not a kid) to push the torsion bar up to put the cross bolt back in but it doesn't take too much effort to get it done.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
The rears are real straight forward and with the solid rear end, it's a breeze! You'll need either a jack or another set of capable hands (not a kid) to push the torsion bar up to put the cross bolt back in but it doesn't take too much effort to get it done.
with salmon season opening up, i got lazy and got all 4 installed today. now i can fish this weekend, lol! ride feels similar on stock shocks; maybe a tad stiffer. will let them settle in before getting it aligned.

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
This is the correct H&R part number for MK7 GSW TDI ONLY 54788 which is not to say they won't work on the others (I wonder what the number is for the Golf??)
Kermatdi has the same exact H&R 54788 in their website. One sells for $205, and the other is $282. The $282 is for the TDI. But 54788 is 54788, isn't it?

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Different part number for Golf (54786-2) and GSW... GSW also has a super sport spring kit with more drop which is strangely not available for the Golf.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Kermatdi has the same exact H&R 54788 in their website. One sells for $205, and the other is $282. The $282 is for the TDI. But 54788 is 54788, isn't it?
Yeah, I would think so. Call them and confirm and also let them know the website shows that so they can fix. Maybe order the $205 part first so if the price is supposed to be higher, you get in for the lower one. :D