Need a Guru-GA/SC/NC

jgage916

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI auto
One day this week I am sending my head to Frank for a rebuild, and im wanting to discuss having the timing belt/etc installed and the timing set. Im in Walhalla, SC, in the north west corner about 20 minutes from where GA/SC/NC meet. Im also only about 20 minutes from I-85 exit 1 in SC at the GA line. Atlanta, GA/Asheville, NC/Charlotte, NC/ Greenville SC/ Columbia, SC. Towing the car isn't an, issue, having done correctly is. Just send me a PM or recommend a user/shop. Thank you

panthers89fan90

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI

Everything Euro in Winston-Salem, NC did mine. They are off Peters Creek Parkway. They use continental parts and offer a warranty with the parts and labor. Have had no timing issues from my TDI since they put the timing belt kit on.

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
appalachian diesel works in asheville...daniel will take good care of you, vendor on site here...
sometimes hard to reach by phone, 1 person shop

jgage916

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI auto
Everything Euro in Winston-Salem, NC did mine. They are off Peters Creek Parkway. They use continental parts and offer a warranty with the parts and labor. Have had no timing issues from my TDI since they put the timing belt kit on.
appalachian diesel works in asheville...daniel will take good care of you, vendor on site here...
sometimes hard to reach by phone, 1 person shop
Thank you both, Winston-Salem is a bit of a ride for me but Asheville isnt too bad. I'll try to track down Daniel

Cha2ga

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW
DJ's VW in Easley. 3rd generation VW factory trained mechanic. Did my alh timing belt, g60vr6 clutch. Worked on my Vws since the 80's.

jessabug

Veteran Member
TDI
Hubby's 2001 Jetta TDI, '84 IDI turbo diesel Jetta
Not sure on their experience with diesels, but Eurowise is in Charlotte. Might be worth a call to them.

JasonG

Veteran Member
TDI
1994, 2003 JSW (sold), 2012 Jetta
I called euro wise when I had a pump problem with my ALH.
They don't go that deep into diesels.

Appalachian diesel is your best bet.

joep1234

Veteran Member
TDI
former '04 Beetle TDI, now 2x '15 Audi Q5 TDI's, 2007 Dodge Ram 4x4 6.7
I used German Imports in Kannapolis, NC on Irish Potato Rd. They did my TB service and were very informative on my little car and worked mostly on diesels. They don't try to sell you what you don't need even if you think you do. They have my business going forward.

TurbineWhine

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Platinum Grey
One day this week I am sending my head to Frank for a rebuild, and im wanting to discuss having the timing belt/etc installed and the timing set. Im in Walhalla, SC, in the north west corner about 20 minutes from where GA/SC/NC meet. Im also only about 20 minutes from I-85 exit 1 in SC at the GA line. Atlanta, GA/Asheville, NC/Charlotte, NC/ Greenville SC/ Columbia, SC. Towing the car isn't an, issue, having done correctly is. Just send me a PM or recommend a user/shop. Thank you
Hi,
We are up in Leicester, NC and have specialized in VW TDI repair. For over 9 years. Give my son Daniel a call at Appalachian Diesel Works, LLC. We also have an excellent TDI head repair shop available to us. Daniel's number is 828-273-8951. His forum name is DGTDI.
Landon