Need a chip.

SCCAONE

Veteran Member
TDI
03/GOLF
Boost I don’t want any more boost below 2000RPM, I would like to have the 2.5 to 4k range filed in. Any suggestions for software?

Leo 03 Golf 5spd 205s mufflerectomy GTI seats gauges

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
No affence to anyone but weather u have rocketship wett ups or even my own superchip,The limiting factor is how much air u can cram in witch deturmins how much fuel u can use and how much exhaust it con flow .Just like my old gt15 it could make good boost 18psi with dawes but 4 all the good boost it could make it couldn't flow enough out the exhaust......In the good old days sky pup and ur friends were trying to get as much boost as quickly as pos,In the bigger scheme of things 4 all the so called off the line speed iv'e lost if any i can more than make up 4 it mid and top end and the gt15,vnt15,vnt17,just don't flow enough 4 big power

David_Morris

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta wheat beige tdi
[ QUOTE ]
No affence to anyone but weather u have rocketship wett ups or even my own superchip,The limiting factor is how much air u can cram in witch deturmins how much fuel u can use and how much exhaust it con flow .Just like my old gt15 it could make good boost 18psi with dawes but 4 all the good boost it could make it couldn't flow enough out the exhaust......In the good old days sky pup and ur friends were trying to get as much boost as quickly as pos,In the bigger scheme of things 4 all the so called off the line speed iv'e lost if any i can more than make up 4 it mid and top end and the gt15,vnt15,vnt17,just don't flow enough 4 big power

[/ QUOTE ]

"for"

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
mojo,
Man, use formatting! So much easier to read!

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cevans

Aligator

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
AGR, AVF, AMF, BLB
[ QUOTE ]
Boost I don’t want any more boost below 2000RPM, I would like to have the 2.5 to 4k range filed in. Any suggestions for software?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be aware that increasing boost at high RPMs affect turbo durability A LOT. IMO +100mbar is safe, I wouldn't reccomend more than maximum +150mbar @ 4000rpm.

The second thing is that boost isn't the most important thing for gaining performance. Look at my topic about turbo conversion
AGR -> ASV I've chipped it with about +100mbar in low rpm's and stock at high rpms and the car has almost 140HP and very nice torque curve.

I'd reccomend custom chip tuning. I'm not familiar with american tuning scene, the only thing I can say that I don't reccomend Upsolete chips. I saw Uplolete's engine maps and they only change three maps and all changes are moderate. Good custom tuning does changes in at least 6 engine maps. Only custom chips can fit to your driving preferences, your engine characteristics, modifications done and so on.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Morris i did put 4 instead of for, but u sorry you still understand what iv'e said and it still stands sorry 4 bursting your bubbles