Neat features you wouldn't have noticed...

Darth_Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW, DSG
You mean removing all the bits and lowering the load floor? Not sure on the exact numbers but I would guess it's more than a cubic foot or two. It makes a pretty big difference.
It's about 39in x 39in by 3in. I tore it all out on my 2010 JSW and put in a sub box. It was 2.7 cubic feet, which was the lower end of air volume for a sealed box. My 15in sub sounds pretty good.

It can feel like a significant difference if you are up for opening that space up for whatever use you can find.

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
Yeah. I found it meant I could put a cooler in the back and then a large duffel bag on top. We were going camping/cottaging and the car was packed to the gills.

Is it only 3" ? It seems like it gives more depth than that.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
We tossed our folded up "large" dog crate in that 3" space when we took the pooch on our last road trip, her bed took almost the rest of the rear space. I did have to take out the "cross member" for it to fully fit, granted the floor wasn't loaded up that much to need the extra support, shes only 60#.

Darth_Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW, DSG
Went to change my clock his morning. There is a feature to auto set the time using GPS info. I don't even have the nav package and it automatically set it to correct time.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Went to change my clock his morning. There is a feature to auto set the time using GPS info. I don't even have the nav package and it automatically set it to correct time.
Mine did not. GPS (no nav, either) and Daylight Savings set to on.

Darth_Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW, DSG
I had to turn daylight savings to off. I set my car 5 mins fast and when I put source to GPS instead of manual, it displayed the correct time. It's not programmed to know what day daylight savings starts/ends and GPS doesn't contain that info either so you have to manually toggle that one every year.

Ronner

TDI
New 2015 Golf TDI dsg
The time had changed to non DST Sunday morning on my '15 Golf Trend TDI.
By evening it had reverted back to DST.
This morning it was back to where it should be.
Hope this is as flaky as the electronics get!

matteas

Veteran Member
TDI
15' tdi GSW
Noticed that cruise control doesn't disengage when shifting on a manual car.

Last edited:

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
I've dropped into neutral without clutching and then been rudely alerted by my engine revving WAY up! That in older cars not the current generation. Done it in automatics also in the past. Dumb of me.....

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
I think you hit resume from a stop light and once you start going all you have to do is shift, car applies fuel instead of your foot. Thought that was its purpose.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Found a new one yesterday. Trying to keep the windshield clear so I switched from auto to just the defogger. Worked great, but now my feet are cold. Unlike my MK4 which had a dial to blend the air to the windshield and floor, my new car has push buttons. I wonder if you can choose two buttons at the same time? Hey, you can!

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
There is a bell chime, then a "black ice warning" in the infomercial

owned the car 29 months. Guess it was the first time it was out of the garage with temp below 32.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
standard chime sets off at 39f, which is always awesome reminder and startling chime when starting the day in a 50f garage and it's 15f out.

Drove through a warm front yesterday, 36f-44f, had the chime go off 4-6 times.

surfstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf & Passat - sold | 2016 GSW TSI
You can adjust the temp that the chime/warning goes off at with VCDS/OBD11, FYI

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
'bout a year ago I found the small slide out container area under my seat.

seems to be about 2 X 6 X 5 inches.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
'bout a year ago I found the small slide out container area under my seat.

seems to be about 2 X 6 X 5 inches.
That space used to be easily more than TWICE as big before they put the handy dandy drawer there. I can't fit much there under the seat any more. Also, no slot for my phone and wallet up in the dashboard any more. Was useful. Kind of a surprise that it went away (compared to MK6).

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
Cruise Control

The +/- buttons only increase/decrease speed to the nearest increment of 5 MPH. Discovered the RES/SET buttons will increase/decrease speed in increments of 1 MPH.
Now that is good to know. I missed the 1 mph change that my old MK6 had. I will try it.

It is useful when hypermiling on the open road. You can incrementally drop the set speed as you begin going up a hill, and incrementally increase it on the way down hills. Saves fuel and gets you there sooner if you let it go on the downhill sections.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
I miss the flip-down sunglasses holder from above. Now I use that drawer for that but stashing other things under the seat is not as good.
Sunroof models still have the sunglass holder by the controls. The SEL does not have the underseat storage though. Big enough spot under the passenger seat for a box of tissues though :cool:

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
Sunroof models still have the sunglass holder by the controls. The SEL does not have the underseat storage though. Big enough spot under the passenger seat for a box of tissues though :cool:
Really? I'm stumped. I have sunroof and can't find a sunglasses holder up there. Please tell me I am wrong, and how to open it!

Maybe it is only in the SEL?? I have an SE with the sunroof, but I have the underseat drawer.

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
i liked the flip down shades holder in my MKVI as well.

drawer under my seat fits my HEX-NET pretty perfectly though.