Near Appleton, WI - VAG-COM help

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I recently had my injectors replaced/upgraded and I'm past the "break-in" period and seem to need an IQ or timing adjustment.

The car sputs and stutters for 30 seconds to a minute in the morning. Along with lots of smoke. If anyone near Appleton, WI could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

spartan

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
I have a key2 vag com cable that you could use. I don't know enough to make any changes myself but you are more than welcome to come and use it, but I live in Kohler so I am not exactly close.

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
It is most likely IQ adjustment needed. So you would need to drive a ways as the car needs to be hot when doing the adjustments.

tubesguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf, RC3, Sprint 520
PM me with contact info if you'd like. I will likely be driving from Madison to Oshkosh for a Monday 1:30 appointment just off the Hwy 76 exit off of 41 and might be able to help you out.

Don't know about timing, but can definitely adjust IQ. - Pat

Last edited:

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for all the replies! Hopefully someone will come around soon... My apologize for getting back to you so late pat.

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
It boggles my mind my local indy VW shop is clueless how to adjust the IQ or deal with upgraded injector adjustment...

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
We got it sorted out.

Bad glow plug relay. IQ was fine @ 4.1

Just no GP's running for the last 10 starts. Hence the sputtering on cold starts. You can tell the timing was spot on at 67 or it wouldn't have started in the cold.