"MyVWInsurance

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
I've been a member here since Jan. 2009. Daily reader/contributor.

I just received a solicitation from MyVWInsurance. Any experiences to report? I've been with Geico for 20+ years, only had one claim (rear-ended...uninsured...18 years ago) and that claim was handled very quickly and efficiently.

Any thoughts on: "Discounted rates for VW Drivers", "Original VW Replacement Parts", "Towing to your nearest VW Dealer"

Any first-hand experiences would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
None - did own '01 and '02 Jetta TDI
I have no idea what the program is but it is owned by Liberty Mutual...

no idea on them, but you should try googling them. The "MyVWInsurance) is just a program that they sell.

T100TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI 6MT
I ran a quote with them and it wasn't comparable with my current rates for the same coverage. My only claim with State Farm was hitting a deer and while it didn't go smoothly while I was stuck on the side of the road the repairs turned out great. Unless they're way cheaper than your current insurance I wouldn't personally make the switch.

XFIRE

TDI
2011 Golf
▄▀▄___Insurance Quote___▄▀▄

I received their solicitation letter a couple of times too. Been with Geico and have the best premiums I could find anywhere. They claim at MYVW that they are $573.39 lower than Geico!!!! How can this be possible????
At least make your information "somewhat" believable! Not pie in the sky! I thought Liberty was just about extinct anyway. And IF they are the lowest rates going, WHY isn't everyone talking about them and flocking to change over ???? Hmmmmmmmm????

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Insurance rates are so varied, that you can pretty much guarantee that such a claim is for one instance that applies to a very small portion of the entire insurance market. So for specifics, you'd need to get a quote from your own information to be able to do a comparison.

Last time I checked anything with Geico they were quite expensive. So it really depends on what market segment the insurance company is going after to determine whether they are offering a real deal for you or not.

Liberty isn't extinct, they just pulled out of the Florida market a few years back when you guys had that season with 5 hurricanes. Every insurance company took a huge hit and most of them pulled out in one way or another. That is when the state decided they'd have to get into the insurance business.

Insurance companies get out in one of 2 ways: they either just drop you and cancel the policy, or they jack the rates up sky high on renewal. Usually the first choice is not allowed by insurance regulations, but you can hardly blame them for doing the 2nd when the next 20 years of premiums just got eaten up in one year.

Cheers,

PH

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
I appreciate the GEICO positives (I pay $700/6 months full coverage two cars: the TDI has MBI.

ez

XFIRE

TDI
2011 Golf
ezshift5 ...... MBI is the mechanical breakdown addendum on your policy?
How does that work out? What does it cover and what are the deductions?

Steve-o

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
And IF they are the lowest rates going, WHY isn't everyone talking about them and flocking to change over????
Not everybody buys by price. Personally, I'll pay more for insurance to a company that won't hassle the $#!+ out of me come claim time.

Same reason not everybody shops at Walmart.

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hello,

Not everybody buys by price. Personally, I'll pay more for insurance to a company that won't hassle the $#!+ out of me come claim time. Same reason not everybody shops at Walmart.
Amen to that! Many years ago when I had an insurance claim on my Mk3, the car stayed at a body shop for a week or two for a full respray. I spent some time with the body shop staff and got to learn some ins and outs. I could tell some claims went more smoothly than others. So I asked who the best and worst were.

Of the companies he mentioned, State Farm and Allstate were the "best" because they approved "supplementals" (newly discovered damage) on the phone and always approved the use of genuine parts. The "not so good companies," or the ones who "save" you money, such as Progressive always wanted to see each supplemental for themselves (leading cause of delays) and were more inclined to either use aftermarket parts or say "bang that out, reuse and fill it." I was sold on my "expensive" insurance from then-on.

Saving money is nice. But sometimes you learn what you're "saving" when you REALLY need an insurance company to step-up. Unfortunately, the "savings" may be so well-hidden that you DON'T learn why you're "saving."

Scott