My Wife's '13 Jetta TDI needs Malone tuning and an EGR, DPF delete.

Liggett

TDI
'13 Jetta Sportwagon,'18 Ram Ecodiesel, '97 Passat TDI,'83 Jetta TD,'82 Jetta Diesel, 3-4 Golf and Rabbit diesels
I'm in Newport Vt. Can anyone near the border in Quebec help?

jettafool

TDI
2001 jetta tdi
I'm really close in Mansonville, Just above North troy Vermont. I know all the local VW guys, There is a tuner near sherbrooke (he did my malone tune and egr/MAF delete) and I know a guy in eastman that could probably do the egr dpf (mechanical part of the job)for you. He did it on his own car and has a nice shop, you may need me to translate if you dont speak french LOL We may have too meet up, I was at walmart in derby often before covid...
Dave PS I don't know if you have emissions tests down there.... Can't wait for border to open...

Liggett

TDI
'13 Jetta Sportwagon,'18 Ram Ecodiesel, '97 Passat TDI,'83 Jetta TD,'82 Jetta Diesel, 3-4 Golf and Rabbit diesels
I'm really close in Mansonville, Just above North troy Vermont. I know all the local VW guys, There is a tuner near sherbrooke (he did my malone tune and egr/MAF delete) and I know a guy in eastman that could probably do the egr dpf (mechanical part of the job)for you. He did it on his own car and has a nice shop, you may need me to translate if you dont speak french LOL We may have too meet up, I was at walmart in derby often before covid...
Dave PS I don't know if you have emissions tests down there.... Can't wait for border to open...
I finally found "Xavier Gagne" who is near Sherbrooke and will take care of the TDI as soon as the border opens! We can't wait either!

jettafool

TDI
2001 jetta tdi
Lol, that's who did my tune, Don't expect too much, his garage is a rats nest and he uses an ancient laptop for the tune. I really can't complain because the car goes like stink and doesn't smoke (except maybe under hard acceleration). It smoked like hell before he did the tune, seems like the upgraded FP pushed it over the limit on the stock tune.

Don't expect a report or even a bill, at least its cheap enough in Can funds. I was going to suggest him for the tune but I had someone else in mind for the mechanic work. I can also recommend an excellent garage for major maintenance like a clutch or timing belt (they have the vag com), they only do german cars. $70 an hour (can funds) and they are very knowledgeable and fast as hell. They charged me an hour to change my injectors and do the FP timing (and road test). They accept cash :) www.ateliergsl.com in waterloo. They might even do your mechanics if you ask nice, i think the owner speaks some english. You can even bring your own parts, no extra charge!! hello rock auto lol - I did see the exhaust kit on kijiji here that you need for a grand , new. (a little over $800 usd)- the two garages are like night and day lmao

I am actually looking for a mk6 jetta tdi, manual with leather and a sunroof, hard to find something good....

You guys can come up now if you have a test I believe, it opened up for americans a while back.

Let me know if i can help you out with anything - Dave 450-525-7205 and Good Luck

Liggett

TDI
All we're interested in is getting rid of the emission control garbage and a tune to prevent check engine lights and so forth. Do you think he's OK for that? He says he will use a block-off plate on the EGR. Will that prevent it from leaking in the future?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Mine has been deleted since about 6 months of ownership. I haven't had any issues with it. As they say most of the problem stems from the emissions system. The DSG tune was about $500, the ECU tune was six. And then the delete exhaust. You're looking at anywhere from $1500 to $3,000

Liggett

TDI
Lol, that's who did my tune, Don't expect too much, his garage is a rats nest and he uses an ancient laptop for the tune. I really can't complain because the car goes like stink and doesn't smoke (except maybe under hard acceleration). It smoked like hell before he did the tune, seems like the upgraded FP pushed it over the limit on the stock tune.

Don't expect a report or even a bill, at least its cheap enough in Can funds. I was going to suggest him for the tune but I had someone else in mind for the mechanic work. I can also recommend an excellent garage for major maintenance like a clutch or timing belt (they have the vag com), they only do german cars. $70 an hour (can funds) and they are very knowledgeable and fast as hell. They charged me an hour to change my injectors and do the FP timing (and road test). They accept cash :) www.ateliergsl.com in waterloo. They might even do your mechanics if you ask nice, i think the owner speaks some english. You can even bring your own parts, no extra charge!! hello rock auto lol - I did see the exhaust kit on kijiji here that you need for a grand , new. (a little over $800 usd)- the two garages are like night and day lmao

I am actually looking for a mk6 jetta tdi, manual with leather and a sunroof, hard to find something good....

You guys can come up now if you have a test I believe, it opened up for americans a while back.

Let me know if i can help you out with anything - Dave 450-525-7205 and Good Luck
Thanks guys for all the help. I've been in touch with Xavier Gagne (once since last spring, I lost his contact info) I think at this time I'll likely have him do the work. It's not really that easy to cross the border to Canada. )It's hard to get your Covid test results back in the required time) Xavier said he would be willing to come to do the work in my home garage once the border opens for Canadians which is supposed to be Nov. 8th. I have a 10,000lb lift at home. Dave, we'll be in touch, I'm sure a clutch will be needed eventually.