My tinted tails.....

TdiAvenger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI, 2003, red

only two pics my paint guy sent me. the whole car will be done tomorrow. btw my car is red not orange, no idea why it looks funny

TdiAvenger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI, 2003, red
fishmando said:
Looking good! Did you get your notch filled?
JUST GOT BACK FROM PAINT!!!!

everything is done but my rear view mirror(need link on how to take it off)

whole hood was done, b-pillars, mirrors, tails

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
TdiAvenger said:
JUST GOT BACK FROM PAINT!!!!

everything is done but my rear view mirror (need link on how to take it off)
It rotates 90 degrees and comes off. Saw something on the Vortex covering this awhile back IIRC. And no, don't recall which direction it should be rotated for R&R nor the possible effects if rotated the wrong way!

TdiAvenger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI, 2003, red
CoolWht said:
It rotates 90 degrees and comes off. Saw something on the Vortex covering this awhile back IIRC. And no, don't recall which direction it should be rotated for R&R nor the possible effects if rotated the wrong way!
broken glass

larithmos

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
Having broken a windshield taking my rear view mirror off, I know that it can rotate off in either direction. Unfortunately I pulled....

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Just had my windshield replaced today (for the 6th time on this car!! :eek: :eek: ) and the rearview mirror rotates either way to remove it from the mounting base. Be warned that repetative removal can leave the "clip" inside the mirror a bit loose and can cause a vibrating mirror. Ask me how I know! :rolleyes:

TdiAvenger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI, 2003, red
larithmos said:
The mirror just pulls straight off the bracket. Grab it with both hands and pull back, it pops off. Then you can get a better grip on the bracket to twist it.
sounds like your trying to get me to break my glass:(

MarkWaddle

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS Black
he's right, but realize that you can remove it without detaching the mirror from the bracket. that is what i did. just remember to twist the bracket and not pull it.