My Sweet Germexican Mistress

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Seems time to add the latest GOOD pictures to this collection. :)

The Lemp Mansion, rated in the top ten most haunted historical mansions in the USA

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Why isn't her suit red and white to match the car?

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
I dunno, some girl I found at a swimming pool and managed to talk into posing with my car to win a challenge! :eek::D

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
Dozen, I saw your cars twin driving down the highway yesterday. It was coming at me otherwise I might have chased it down for a picture. It was a little a little rough looking though. Emblems and stuff were missing and I was not able to tell if it was a TDI or not.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Interesting...why on earth would anyone but me have my color scheme? Unless they ruined some of their white bits and could only source red ones from the scrapyard. :rolleyes: Maybe you'll see it again and can satisfy our curiosity!

On a similar vein to the red and white scheme, it's pretty unique to our company from what I've seen, but oddly similar to some cabs in Iraq! :eek:

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
I actually saw the car again yesterday. It is in a small town about 30 miles from my small town. It looks like they have a black hood on it, but the bottom was most definitely red with the top being white. I will be keeping an eye open for it as I am sure I will see it again.

powerstrokeless

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V
Dozen,
Nice pictures! I like to take pics of my work TDI as well.

The car is clean in every picture! One of which is the reason that your car will keep going a dozen times over-- It shows that you take pride and maintain it well.

Haven't tried posting pictures, other than on the signature and copy and paste from FB.
How do you post pics like you have done?

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Thank you everyone. :)

Yes my MPG has been dropping as of late to 40.9 lifetime, from a high of 41.3. I attribute this to several factors (in no particular order): Non-LRR tires, more demanding weather circumstances, more DPF-life-extending oriented driving style; less "hypermile-y" (Actually those 3 would be from least to more reason)

I'm looking forward to updating my other thread when her 3 year anniversary detail comes around in late May. I'm trying to get her as close to 200k as I can for that.

I expect everyone could get their chance to see it in person at TDI Fest. ;)

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
Jeeze...by fest you will be close to my mileage. Maybe I will just follow you around for a day to throw some miles on. Getting 47 lifetime while at it :p I kid, I kid. Your car is nicer than mine by a long shot.

On a serious note, do you idle much? I didn't know if there was a clean idle rule for taxis.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
We check his DPF ash volume at every service, and it has been tracking on the lower side which is good. So whatever he's doing, it must be DPF-friendly. :p

Most CRs the ash volume builds near lock-step with mileage.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Jeeze...by fest you will be close to my mileage. Maybe I will just follow you around for a day to throw some miles on. Getting 47 lifetime while at it :p I kid, I kid. Your car is nicer than mine by a long shot.

On a serious note, do you idle much? I didn't know if there was a clean idle rule for taxis.
Yeah but you would be so bored. ;)

I idle too much, probably 20% of the time. :eek:

I think the no-idle rule applies to diesel trucks downtown, so no rule I'm aware of. I'm rarely downtown anyway, and I'd argue that my expensive DPF system was holding all the exhaust in anyway...so who on earth could be offended? :p

We'll get a new DPF oil-ash reading Monday.

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
I think if you idle 20 percent of the time AND get over 40 mpgs, you're doing good. I know the TDI doesn't use that much while idling but it has to be enough to effect your mileage. It just seems like part of the business to idle a bit lol!

I wait for the day when someone gets a MK6 Jetta Taxi with a 2.0 so we can all have real world comparison for MPGs, durability, and longevity.

sudseh

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 4door
Mine (2011 Golf) consumes ~0.8 lph while idling. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

I think if you idle 20 percent of the time AND get over 40 mpgs, you're doing good. I know the TDI doesn't use that much while idling but it has to be enough to effect your mileage. It just seems like part of the business to idle a bit lol!

I wait for the day when someone gets a MK6 Jetta Taxi with a 2.0 so we can all have real world comparison for MPGs, durability, and longevity.