My poor Golf

c17chief

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2dr
I leave the country for a couple months, and the poor thing had to sit through record rainfall, an earthquake, a hurricane, and who knows what else out in the open in a parking lot. Hopefully it's still fine. Wont find out for another 3 or 4 weeks. :eek:

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
I leave the country for a couple months, and the poor thing had to sit through record rainfall, an earthquake, a hurricane, and who knows what else out in the open in a parking lot. Hopefully it's still fine. Wont find out for another 3 or 4 weeks. :eek:

Where is it I am in Nj and if you want can take a quick look at it and snap you a pic if you want.

c17chief

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2dr
Where is it I am in Nj and if you want can take a quick look at it and snap you a pic if you want.
It's on McGuire. Only real concern is flooding as that part of the base is questionable with all the rain they have gotten there. Maybe some dent or scrape from debris with a good gust of wind during the storm since they rarely secure every last thing that could blow around. One of my friends is doing just that with the pictures when he gets back with the planes they evacuated. Still just crazy how all that sort of stuff goes on after I leave haha.

Conn-TDI

TDI
2011 Golf
It's on McGuire. Only real concern is flooding as that part of the base is questionable with all the rain they have gotten there. Maybe some dent or scrape from debris with a good gust of wind during the storm since they rarely secure every last thing that could blow around. One of my friends is doing just that with the pictures when he gets back with the planes they evacuated. Still just crazy how all that sort of stuff goes on after I leave haha.

c17,

I fly also, its the rule that as soon as you are at least 3000miles away everything goes wrong at home and there's nothing you can do about it....lol.

I bet car fine. Irene moved some water for those right on the coast, but the wind just never happened..most we saw was like a real gusty winter day....just not terrible.

P0234

Veteran Member
TDI
11 JSW
I'd worry about idiots parking near it more than an earthquake and a hurricane.

c17chief

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2dr
c17,

I fly also, its the rule that as soon as you are at least 3000miles away everything goes wrong at home and there's nothing you can do about it....lol.

I bet car fine. Irene moved some water for those right on the coast, but the wind just never happened..most we saw was like a real gusty winter day....just not terrible.
It is fine. Heard back from the guy today. :D

The 3k thing...I usually have pretty good luck with that stuff. I've been gone weeks to months at a time constantly nearly the entire 18yrs in. About the biggest legitimate worry I've had was if the neighbor kid was keeping my grass mowed as often as agreed during the longer trips at my last base (neighborhood HOA was REALLY anal about grass height among other things and quick to take action), which of course isnt that significant. :p