My Part Shop (find your salvaged parts online)

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
This website is in competition with car-parts.com. My company developed this site. They just went live a couple months ago and all is stable and running just fine.

So there is another source to find your parts if you can't find it on www.car-parts.com. You will find some salvage yards in both sites as they signed with both.

So check out http://www.mypartshop.com

FWIW, if you click on Products and select Powerlink 2.0. That is the application I write/maintain. A team of 7 developers manage this. But a different team manages the site and everything in it.

TurbinePower

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I like it already, with that limiter that only gives you the models available for the year you put in.

It's a-being bookmarked.

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
Change the option to "All Parts"

Just want to remind you one thing.

I hate it but don't ask me why it is there. To find the parts you are looking for, you need to click on "All Parts" instead of the default "Best fit"

Do this first!!! Changing the option clears out your search fields.

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
Thanks DeafBug. I'm looking for a used Grill for my 2004 Jetta and it even asked "with chrome slats" or "without Chrome slats". They come both ways for '04. I'm impressed.

--Nate

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
Very nice!

Q: Is the state you pick cross-linked to the zipcode? e.g., I choose DC as the state and it brings up a DC zip. I then change the zip to one in Virginia and leave the state as DC. It does not throw an error, but which does it use?

Q: Why does it want me to enter a zip when I select all regions? It certainly does not sort the query results based on distance from the zip code?

Request: Allow the user to ctrl click the states to allow them to search in more tha one region. Or if that is not possible, add some more regions (e.g., Mid-Atlantic, Baltimore/Washington, etc.).

vwestlife

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat TDI sedan (sold)
DeafBug said:
So there is another source to find your parts if you can't find it on www.car-parts.com. You will find some salvage yards in both sites as they signed with both.

So check out http://www.mypartshop.com
Unfortunately, the site doesn't work with my web browser (Opera 7.21), even with JavaScript turned on. I'll try again later on Firefox 1.5.0.9 and Opera 9.1 on my other PC.

heynorton

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
This search site gives me the EXACT same results as carparts

It looks the same except for a different css layout

Could it POSSIBLY be pulling the same data from the same place?

TurbinePower

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I've had a few searches that came up vastly different between the two, and some that came up identical. It all depends on what's in stock with the recyclers that have signed up with each site.