My new-to-me B5.5V... so hot, want to touch

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I plan to have RC2 or a Kerma upgrade in mine once I get through spending almost $3K on the BS upgrade. Then I will start saving for a new cam and lifters....(that may be the next disaster?). When does it stop?:confused:

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
FollowTheBlackRabbit said:
How do you get ahold of Jeff at RC? I sent an email to info@rocketchip.com, but i understand it can be difficult to get ahold of him...
Email will work but alternatively he'll be HERE next weekend! You can get your "new-2-you" Passat tuned in person and meet a load of fellow TDI'ers. Make the trip, it's a great way to break in the new ride:cool: !

KALaBenne

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 B5.5V GLS
Do it! If you want a tune from RC, you really need to find him at a GTG. I don't have one yet, but I priced it, and drove one highly tuned (OMG!). Good bang for the buck the first tune, after that it requires hadware ($$) as well as firmware.

The Ho5G GTG is infamous, I wish I was close enough to attend one. Whenever I'm in need of a laugh, I just go looking at the eastern USA forum.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
KALaBenne said:
Do it! If you want a tune from RC, you really need to find him at a GTG. I don't have one yet, but I priced it, and drove one highly tuned (OMG!). Good bang for the buck the first tune, after that it requires hadware ($$) as well as firmware.

Woops! What was his pricing for the tune, may I ask? The highly tuned one had which tune?

Thanks,

Tony

Last edited:

FollowTheBlackRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
05 TDI Passat variant, 03 Dodge 2500 Cummins
sweet, thanks. I just dont have the time to drive up north that far. I already spanked the leave that i had earned at the new job for new years.

I keep an eye on the GTG thread for delmarva, and plan on attending tdi fest.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
He should be at Impexfest in May, but we will try to get him in the area sooner.
PS- Might I suggest getting Tinted. I will really make car look sweet and keep it cooler in the warmer months.

FollowTheBlackRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
yeah, i was planning on it. I had my old B5V tinted and it really helped with aesthetics and heat in the summer... especially with the black on black.

KALaBenne

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 B5.5V GLS
aja8888 said:
Woops! What was his pricing for the tune, may I ask? The highly tuned one had which tune?

Thanks,

Tony
The highly tuned one was RC6 :eek: ! I have no idea how much the tune cost on that one or the cost of the mods it required. For that answer, you would need to PM indigobluewagon as it was his wickedly fast wagen (I still get a smile on my face just thinking about driving it :D ).

I'll send you a PM on what he quoted me for my B5.5, I understand he doesn't advertise a price list.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
KALaBenne said:
The highly tuned one was RC6 :eek: ! I have no idea how much the tune cost on that one or the cost of the mods it required. For that answer, you would need to PM indigobluewagon as it was his wickedly fast wagen (I still get a smile on my face just thinking about driving it :D ).

I'll send you a PM on what he quoted me for my B5.5, I understand he doesn't advertise a price list.
Thanks,

Tony

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
What winter? Where's the snow? I still see green vegetation and it ain't coniferous.

FollowTheBlackRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
Haha,
well just in case it decides to go to winter. I go up to CT and NJ a bunch and THEY get a winter... well more so where i grew up in CT. Eh, creature of habit putting on steelies during the colder months