My new Mileage Missile

AudiMatt

TDI
2010 JSW TDi DSG
Buying this 2010 from Dad as he just picked up a 2011 335d
Has gti front bumper, badgeless grill, filled hood. Malone dsg tune and Malone stage two engine tune, as well as a banks cat back

AudiMatt

TDI
2010 JSW TDi DSG
Thanks for the compliments! While my dad owned it we also installed a white line adjustable rear bar, and the headlights are aftermarket with projector HID lenses and LED DRLs. He also had the wheels coated black, tail lenses tinted, chrome trim blacked out and recently added a carbonio intake. I'm pretty impressed with how far my dad took the car....

I'd like to do lower it a touch and reduce the body roll. I'd also like to work on increasing power and economy a bit more. Can't let that 335d out run me by too much :)

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
I've heard from several sources that lowering the car ruins your cornering grip. Not sure how it'll affect body roll, but I'll take some body roll as long as all the tires still grab the road!

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Cornering speed - at least for this sailor - seems to bleed off with the passage of time.

I loved getting sideways when I had a 60's Corvette (but now I barely make the JSW lean enroute to the hardware store).

ez

Jeffbucc

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportswagen TDI
If you want a small lower I recommend the H&R springs. Doesn't ruin the ride either. The hell I have gone through adjusting my KW V3's to handle correctly I don't wish upon anyone.

AudiMatt

TDI
2010 JSW TDi DSG
I've heard from several sources that lowering the car ruins your cornering grip. Not sure how it'll affect body roll, but I'll take some body roll as long as all the tires still grab the road!
I meant lowered with proper suspension and alignment.... All things being equal I'd think lowering the center of gravity should only help cornering grip.

I'm looking for maayyybe a 1 inch drop so H&Rs would probably be perfect

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
It will help if you can nail the suspension geometry. I'll see what I can dig up on the vortex forums and PM you sometime, I do lots of reading over there.

euro2fast4u

TDI
'14 JSW Tdi
can you get another picture of the car but with a little more angle towards the grill. Basically so you can see the whole grill but down still see the side of the car.

1goindiesel

TDI
13 Wagen 6 manual TDI
Where do I get those headlights? Do they perform well (cuz they look GREAT).
Did dad powdercoat the wheels or did you guys use the "rubber" paint everyone else is using these days?

Great looking Wagen..

AudiMatt

TDI
2010 JSW TDi DSG
I'll get some more pics up soon. The headlights are available through carid here;

http://www.carid.com/2010-volkswagen-golf-gti-headlights/spyder-projector-headlights-264154.html

The first set of headlights from them did not perform well and were never aimed right even after many attempts at adjusting. I recently had someone turn from the left lane across the front of the car to make a right turn and both headlights were replaced with an updated version as a result. (a headlight tab was broken off, fender tweaked at the leading edge, lots of scratches on bumper and one whole side of a lexus IS 300 was trashed!) Anyway the updated version of the headlight is much better. The HID projectors have a very flat cutoff on top and the bright lights are nice and bright. Going to need some new bulbs to match the HID color though. Definitely gives the car a more menacing look I think.. Wheels are black powder coat not plasti-dip

Last edited:

1goindiesel

TDI
13 Wagen 6 manual TDI
I'll get some more pics up soon. The headlights are available through carid here;

http://www.carid.com/2010-volkswagen-golf-gti-headlights/spyder-projector-headlights-264154.html

The first set of headlights from them did not perform well and were never aimed right even after many attempts at adjusting. I recently had someone turn from the left lane across the front of the car to make a right turn and both headlights were replaced with an updated version as a result. (a headlight tab was broken off, fender tweaked at the leading edge, lots of scratches on bumper and one whole side of a lexus IS 300 was trashed!) Anyway the updated version of the headlight is much better. The HID projectors have a very flat cutoff on top and the bright lights are nice and bright. Going to need some new bulbs to match the HID color though. Definitely gives the car a more menacing look I think.. Wheels are black powder coat not plasti-dip
Thanks very much for the info AudiMatt. Great looking car.

AudiMatt

TDI
2010 JSW TDi DSG
just rolled over 100,000 miles tonight! Also mounted my Yakima rack with old school fairing. I'll try to get pics of that up for those that care... Mostly just wanted it on there to see how the noise was and how it affected my mileage. There was a little more wind noise but not bad and mileage was only down one or two MPG