My New Jetta TDI Cup Car

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
Candy White 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Street Edition
http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=64553&cat=503

Just a quick pic of the car on my way home after picking it up last Saturday. Like it so far. I will post more pics in a couple of weeks. I have mods planned, coilovers, debadging, window tinting, and possible swapping turns and markers to the smoke look. As I do the mods I will add the pics for you all to see.

D-Fish

TDI
Black 2010 TDI Cup
jettavariant03 said:

Just a quick pic of the car on my way home after picking it up last Saturday. Like it so far. I will post more pics in a couple of weeks. I have mods planned, coilovers, debadging, window tinting, and possible swapping turns and markers to the smoke look. As I do the mods I will add the pics for you all to see.
Great looking car! I like the white. What options did you get? I see the sunroof. In a way I'm kinda jealous of the white. ;)

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
D-Fish,
Thanks! You saw the sunroof, the other options I got were IPOD integration and the Mat kit. I am over it, but it would have been nice with NAV. I did get the extended warranty, 6 years and 100k. Out the door was 33,778.29, taxes in Calif. are killing us! For the price of the extended warranty I could have got the NAV but not both.

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
D-Fish,
It is a 6 speed manual. I had a DSG GTI before, wished it was manual.

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
tomo366 said:
Schweet!!!! :)
tomo366,

Thanks! Next weekend I will be spending time at my
buddy's house and we will be doing coilovers and adding smoked turns and side markers. I will post pics after that.

D-Fish

TDI
Black 2010 TDI Cup
jettavariant03 said:
D-Fish,
It is a 6 speed manual. I had a DSG GTI before, wished it was manual.
Good call on the 6sp. I also picked the manual up. I sprung for the nav, its a nice addition, but I couldn't afford both either. :p

Looking forward to seeing the drop, what set up you going with? I'm planning on doing it also, after the skid plate install. Also very interested in the smoked turn signals. I think it would look pretty nice on all black.

Great car, nice buy, CHEERS!

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!
Nice!!!!
Congrats !!!!

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
itsmejerry said:
Nice!!!!
Congrats !!!!
Jerry,
Thanks for helping me find this car! I appreciate it!

Everyone,
I called Jerry late January cause of my interest in a TDI Cup car. I told him what I wanted and he checked the VW order database and find my car at a dealership in Santa Maria, Calif. I called the dealership and a deal was struck. Since it was a order unit he did NOT mind me calling every 2 weeks for an update on the status of the car. He gave me better updates than the actual dealership selling the car to me.

Quick Storm

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
jettavariant03 said:

I want to do the same to my TDI as yours. cup kit is expensive though.

brucebanes

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 99.B
You don't want the TDI Cup tires. The low profile tires don't take potholes very well. Cost about $200 a tire to replace. Rims cost $600 a piece.

D-Fish

TDI
Black 2010 TDI Cup
jettavariant03 said:
Thanks to everyone for the thumbs up on my car! Well, I lowered it this past weekend using H&R coilovers. I also updated the turns in the mirrors and side markers to smoked ones. The side sticker now has a chance to stay with the smoked theme going.

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=64879&cat=500&ppuser=10163
Looks great! About how much of a difference do you notice with the H&R coilovers? Drop? Ride? ETC. I'm also looking into a set seeing as my skid plate should be here next week.

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
D-Fish,
Actually I did not state that I also installed a 28mm front sway bar and a 24mm rear bar. Also upgraded my rear sway bar links to Neuspeed sway bar links. To finish off the rear I also installed a Stern subframe reinforcement brace. The drop right now is over an 1.5 inches and I feel the back can go lower but will let it settle for a week and see. The ride is not harsh with the coilovers and upgraded sway bars but of course the handling has improved 100%. The rear sticks in turns now and there is no body roll at all. I am happy with the setup. If you are thinking about lowering your car and not your sway bars I suggest to just go with a coilover kit right away, meaning don't start with a Cup or Sport kit, just save your money and go with a coilover kit.

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
Just on a side note, my factory sport suspension had only less than 700 miles on it when I replaced it this past weekend. Looking to get rid of it for 500 bucks complete including sway bars. If I get no interest thru this thread I will post in the sales section soon after taking pics.

D-Fish

TDI
Black 2010 TDI Cup
jettavariant03 said:
D-Fish,
Actually I did not state that I also installed a 28mm front sway bar and a 24mm rear bar. Also upgraded my rear sway bar links to Neuspeed sway bar links. To finish off the rear I also installed a Stern subframe reinforcement brace. The drop right now is over an 1.5 inches and I feel the back can go lower but will let it settle for a week and see. The ride is not harsh with the coilovers and upgraded sway bars but of course the handling has improved 100%. The rear sticks in turns now and there is no body roll at all. I am happy with the setup. If you are thinking about lowering your car and not your sway bars I suggest to just go with a coilover kit right away, meaning don't start with a Cup or Sport kit, just save your money and go with a coilover kit.
Thanks! Lots of stuff to think about. This will be my first car that i actually do a lot of mods to. I had an 04 RX-8 that I didn't do anything to, and would like to change things up on the TDI.

Time to do some research... Thanks again.

Quick Storm

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
that looks great!, I love you car and its exactly what I want to do to mine. now to find that money tree seed and plant it in my backyard!

Last edited:

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
More work done this past weekend. I went ahead and took off the side stickers. I took off the Jetta off the trunk. I added a black chrome 2.0 TD badge and left the blue I on the trunk. Also added the black VW on the trunk. Spent money on a pair of Votex smoked headlights used on the TDI Cup cars that are raced. Since the car comes with halogens from the factory the swap was easy except you need to take off the front ThunderBunny bumper to accomplish the swap! Also lowered the back some more and I think I have it where I want it to sit for now.

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=65088

turbo2467

TDI
TDI
jettavariant03 said:
More work done this past weekend. I went ahead and took off the side stickers. I took off the Jetta off the trunk. I added a black chrome 2.0 TD badge and left the blue I on the trunk. Also added the black VW on the trunk. Spent money on a pair of Votex smoked headlights used on the TDI Cup cars that are raced. Since the car comes with halogens from the factory the swap was easy except you need to take off the front ThunderBunny bumper to accomplish the swap! Also lowered the back some more and I think I have it where I want it to sit for now.

for some reason i cant see your pics... but how did you put the black VW on the trunk. I painted my grill emblem, but didnt look at the trunk, wasnt sure how it comes off

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
turbo2467,
I am not sure why you can't see my pics, they are put on photo section of the TDI forum. Anyways, the rear factory chrome VW is held on by glue, the same stuff used on the rear trunk badges. I just took some fishing line and got behind the emblem and took it off. Of course a bunch of the glue is left on the car, so I used a Wurth decal remover wheel attached to my drill and took off the excess glue. Then cleaned the area real good with whatever you want to use. I got the rear black VW from parts4euro, and it comes with the glue backing so you can install on the car. If you want to see how the rear emblem looks PM me your email address and I will send you some PICs.

mk4driver

TDI
none
jettavariant03 said:
jettavariant, great mods to your cup ... really enjoyed the photos you have up. From what it looks like, I picked up the same car/options as you this past weekend.
Not going to do much to it now, but will be ordering a skidplate asap and will probably throw tints and the smoked markers on relatively soon.
btw, I like how it looks without the cup decals ... very nice :)

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
I need to post some updated pics of the car, I added a rear spoiler and a Cupra S front spoiler. I just picked up a Banks exhaust and will install next week. I will take pics of the exhaust installed and post the updated pics next week.