My new Chip!

Oil_Burner

Veteran Member

WOW, I'm back from Vancouver and Tazz-man did his magic! TURBO (diesel) cool! DAMN this thing rocks! Got the chip and the EGR tube! I went up on friday and came back that night... Good luckto all those going saturday!

TB

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Man, could this suck any worse? I went to Vancouver this morning, all set to get chipped. I had somehow managed to scrape together the cash after having to send my ex some money. I finished work at 1:30 am and was up at 5:30 am to catch the first ferry over. I was totally revved about this. As I get off the ferry at 8:45, I called the motel that Tazzman was staying at and asked for his room to chat with him about the who, what, when and where, but I was informed that he had just left. I got there about 40 minutes later and waited for about an hour in the coffee shop, hoping he'd call in for messages, then I left my name and cell number and went off and bummed around for a couple of hours, hoping I'd get the call, but no such luck. So, after all that, I returned to Victoria tired and chipless. Man, am I ever bummed out.

Heinz57

Veteran Member
Congratulations Tom and your new found power - what is next on your wishlist ????
Ed, sorry to see you missed the Tazzman; I would definitely be bummed out too. Dont give up - give him a buzz and see what can be done before he leaves....

[ April 07, 2001: Message edited by: Heinz57 ]

dutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Bora
Tom you are so right this Chip works great. I love it!!!!!!!

Thanks to everybody for helping out. Tom I got the breather PCV Bypass filter..

Albert again thanks for putting up with us in your home.
GREAT GTG!!!!

Need to do this soon again.....

Bill S

Glad to see more folks enjoying the wonders of THE chip. I still get a grin on my face everytime I drive my TDI.

Hope we get another GTG going soon. And another drive in the not too distant future - up over the mountains once the weather gets a bit better?? (What better way to take advantage of both the turbo and the chip!)

Al Frazier

Albert, thanks for hosting the GTG, the stuffed mushrooms were awesome

Tazz, thanks for VAG-COM my car hope you can come up with a fix and/or solution, it was great meeting you.

Fred, It was nice meeting you finally

Andre, if you were wondering why I was going soooo slow heading home is that I had to put my 50MPH tire on
I just pulled onto Stevenson HWY and my right rear tire blew, it split the rim. Man was that a long slooow drive home.

Oil_Burner

Veteran Member
Thanks guys... Yep super happy.... I tried the one pot tuning box and was getting a check engine light and my glow plug light was blinking!!!! So I bagged it.. Still interested inthe tb though~!

TB

MacGuy

It was great GTG. Thanks everybody for coming. Thanks Albert for hosting and my special thanks to Dutchman for helping me out to instal PCV breather (well he actually did it I was just assisting by holding oil dipstick). Hope see you soon.

Black Golf GLS Y2K 5 speed
UPsolute chip, Piper cross panel filter, PCV breather

jayhawk

Veteran Member
I got my chip and a PCV bypass filter!!!!
Of course by the time I got done driving from Canada to Tacoma, I could hardly get the grin off of my face!

Al, I think I passed you on the way home too, did not get a good look though, I honked anyway.

Albert thanks for hosting the GTG!! Next time I will bring you a case of Lemonade!

p.s. I think I am gonna need tires sooner than I thought, if I keep spinning these.

jayhawk

Veteran Member
Tazz, thanks for the chip and the PCV bypass.
Most importantly thanks to teaching
what a "spinner" is!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha