My Jeep Liberty CRD gallery

brewcider

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL TDI, 2-door, stick, black on black
I've had my CRD for 2 weeks now and it is an awesome vehicle. Here's some photos I've taken so far.....

At the dealer....

Under the hood....

Sticker.....

In the driveway.....

A couple hours after buying it I took it on a muddy road....

It got a little dirty....

Took it to Gordon's Well.... Gordon's well is on the North side of Hwy 8, but South of Glamis..... These pictures are on top of Test Hill which is a 300 ft hill of sand. The CRD didn't make it up in a straight shot.... I had to work my way to the top going through the smaller dunes. I aired down to 20 psi and never got stuck.

Here's the view from the bottom at night....

Here's a new 04 Chevy that is NOT trailrated......

brewcider

Veteran Member
TDI
More photos!

Under the hood....

Tranny and rear of motor...

Off roading.....

Interior shots...

Check out the red-line....

I installed the DVD navigation. Sirius was factory installed...

I installed the 6 disc changer

bricksie

Where is the oil filter on this engine? Is it up-top like the TDI, or do you have to crawl under the car to change the oil?

brewcider

Veteran Member
TDI
Where is the oil filter on this engine? Is it up-top like the TDI, or do you have to crawl under the car to change the oil?
You can see it in the photo underneith the CRD. It's the white thing that's protected by the skidplate. It looks like a regular twist on filter that's used in other applications.... unlike my TDI cartridge that is only carried in one store in town.

Denver_Diesel

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS 5spd
Great Vehicle. I'm calling Dennis to see about trading my TDI Jetta for one. mind if I say i read your posts?

I'm jealous!

brewcider

Veteran Member
TDI
No problem Denver. Tell him I said Hi and the CRD is running great!

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
Nice truck with some good capabilities.... but they are gonna have to do much better to get me in one. Cutting both my mileage and cargo space by at least 40% is heading in the wrong direction. Put a 6 speed manual and stretch it enough for a mini third row seat and you might be getting somewhere. Of course for some of us this is a dream vehicle and I`m glad it`s out.
Good luck with your new Jeep and keep us informed.

brewcider

Veteran Member
TDI
What milage are you getting? It seems like it should get better than the stated 22/26 mpg.
I'm getting 24 MPG overall. Problem is it weighs 4300 lbs, not aerodynamic, and it's a 4x4. The fake SUV's, like the Honda CRV, get the same mileage I get, but they are front wheel drive, and weigh 1000 lbs less.

brewcider

Veteran Member
TDI
RC, they do have 6-speed manual tranny on the CRD in Europe. It only gets 1 MPG better. The 5 speed auto is a really nice tranny. If they stretched it out for a 3rd row seat it would really screw up the off road handling. That's the reason it's short, to be nimble on the trails and for better approach and departure angles.
I think what you want is the 7 seat VW Touran TDI
http://www.vw.co.uk/new_cars/touran

kd4yor

Veteran Member
TDI
J5
I just took delivery of Mine this morning!!!!!
Silver CRD Sport, 22c, Trac-lock. $24,686. Less than sticker!
I love it, I was sad to see the J4TDI wagon go away, but I need the townig of the CRD.

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
RC, they do have 6-speed manual tranny on the CRD in Europe. It only gets 1 MPG better. The 5 speed auto is a really nice tranny. If they stretched it out for a 3rd row seat it would really screw up the off road handling. That's the reason it's short, to be nimble on the trails and for better approach and departure angles.
I think what you want is the 7 seat VW Touran TDI
http://www.vw.co.uk/new_cars/touran
brewcider,
That Touran is very nice but what I want is an Audi Allroad V6 TDI six speed.
It`s got some quite capable off road characteristics and a third row seat. Or at least a B5 high HP 4 cylinder TDI wagon w/4Motion and a six speed. Guess I better move to Germany if I want that to happen.
I think a stretch version of the Liberty would work well for those more interested in room than rock climbing.... like the stretch C7 they offer.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Carmax Orlando has Liberty CRD for $4000 less than MSRP. It is a loaded one, MSRP is around $32K!

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
What milage are you getting? It seems like it should get better than the stated 22/26 mpg.
I'm getting 24 MPG overall. Problem is it weighs 4300 lbs, not aerodynamic, and it's a 4x4. The fake SUV's, like the Honda CRV, get the same mileage I get, but they are front wheel drive, and weigh 1000 lbs less.
...and the fake SUVs have gutless gasser engines!

~ n1das

DPM

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2019 Rav4 AWD Hybrid, Citroen C4 BlueHDI
Well, my Grand Vitara diesel approaches 40mpg on a run and is 4x4 and chipped at around 130hp...

Oh, and it's an automatic too.