My first VW...

tedali2004

TDI
MK IV TDI Jeta
Thank you to this forum AND my brother-in-law/buddy for all the info in helping me decide when and which TDI to buy. I am mostly a troller checking out your posts. Now that I have a TDI to lay my hands on, I might have something to contribute in future posts.

My new addition is a 2003 silver Jetta GL. 73,000 miles...great paint, great interior, newish tires and most of the service was done at a dealer.(Maybe good maybe bad). I am starting with all the basic fluid/filter changes, timing belt, ect. to make sure its ready for a long life in my family (25,000 miles a year for work alone). For now I will just watch the fuel guage to enjoy the lite sipping as the miles roll by.

tedali2004

TDI
MK IV TDI Jeta
(With hands raised high) OH yes Sir !!!

And for those interested, $8400, not too high not too low. The local Saturn dealer had it on the lot. No idea why someone would trade a like new TDI on a Saturn.

Shouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GL - 185k
tedali2004 said:
(With hands raised high) OH yes Sir !!!

And for those interested, $8400, not too high not too low. The local Saturn dealer had it on the lot. No idea why someone would trade a like new TDI on a Saturn.
How did you go about finding the vehicle in your area? online website where the dealer had it listed or calling every dealership up in the area?

OilcanHairy

TDI
2002 Jetta auto., 2004 Jetta stick
I know how I found my lil cream-puff 04- I looked at a LOT of turds. Believe it or not, I found it on a little indy-lot in Pittsboro, & the guy was totally up front with me. He even knew some of its history, & advised me it would need a major service. I know a couple good VW guys, so for me it was a no-brainer. At 105k, it'll outlast two of just about anything else.

DAS AUTO.