My Electric Gremlin has moved....

Bora-chiara

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH, BHW, CKRA
My security system gremlin has moved to the most inconvenient part of the vehicle. It started in the Passenger door, then the trunk, then back to the passenger door. (All switches replaced), just now at the drive thru to get some shakes (You know, have to turn off the car so they can hear you). I turned the key and the system armed. Turned the key off and the system is armed. No matter where the key goes in the ignition switch it rearms the system. Not good. Now the Pass window won't go up either....uh......HELP???

(Ignition switch has already been replaced a few years ago...)

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
Kinda curious - have you cleaned all of the grounds in the engine compartment/ecu area? Might help. Might not.

Bora-chiara

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH, BHW, CKRA
All grounds cleaned. I talked to DBW and he helped me realize it's got to be logic. There are only two things that actually lock AND arm the security system. The wireless remote, and the drivers door switch. He said it's possible a contact in the switch is flaky and keeps making contact where it shouldn't. I'm taking the door apart tomorrow to play with the switch.

Bora-chiara

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH, BHW, CKRA
Awesome. Totally fixed now. Ends up with was the trunk key microswitch. Used the $3 microswitch fix from how to, and even my key remote works now, too!

Lefty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000,Green GLS
Bora-chiara said:
Awesome. Totally fixed now. Ends up with was the trunk key microswitch. Used the $3 microswitch fix from how to, and even my key remote works now, too!
Great place this TDIclub huh? Glad you got it fixed.