My Dark Beauty

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
Nice Ride, Rich. Glad you finally got the look you've been dreaming of.

BTW, how are things with the motorcoach? In what condition did you find her? Need any maintenance, interior work? How is her engine performing for you?

Thanks for the beautiful shots.

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
We pick up the Minnie Winnie this Friday. I was going to fly out to Milwaukee Friday to pick it up and dirve it home this weekend. I was going to visit my sister and brother in-law while I was there. My brother in-law passed away Sunday evening so I will be going out earlier than planned.

I am taking the digicam and laptop with me, so I will post pics of the RV and the journey home. The RV has a 4 cyl. Renault-built turbodiesel. I have high hopes for it.

Thanks for the nice comments about my car. My next mods will be the suspension and interior (beige/black leather with Bora-type headrests). Diesel Dollie has been very patient with all of this.

- Rich

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Rich,
Rice?
Seriously! I love that look !

My condolences to Dottie and you and her family and their loss.
Keep us posted on your Motorhome.
Tom

[This message has been edited by tomo366 (edited October 17, 2000).]

arktiaxs

Veteran Member
why in gods name do you all americans put such an ugly rubber cover on your hood.

It really ruines the car
Never seen it in Europe. But than again we don't hit mooses for fun ?

A.

michTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and 2015 GSW MT
Where did you get the tail-lights-and do you have the "european" headlights as well (if so where did you get them as well-these are the ones with the foglights)??? What was the cost (if you don't mind me asking)-and were they pretty easy to change??? Thanks for the info-and nice looking car!!!

BoraTdi

Veteran Member
Once again, I will take the opportunity to say that Rich's car is the best looking TDI I have seen. I like it because it is understated, amazingly stock-looking, and set up for everyday use, not overly aggressive. The color combo is gorgeous - i have never liked the colorado red until this car. The tint is perfect (like the tint I plan to get on my black car), and I got the Beetle wheels after seeing them on this car. Even more impressive in person (i.e. at the fest). Nice license plate too by the way (but I had this screenname before I saw your car
).

99 Jetta GLS
Black/gray, roof, Beetle 16" wheels, Upsoluting on 11/4

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by think diesel:
Oh my goodness....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Oh! I must have put a tick on the rice-o-meter.

Ryan,

With the exception of the dark taillights and side markers (which are indeed for looks), everything on my ride is quite functional.

I had the opportunity to drive my sister's 2000 Golf GTI VR6 this weekend and my car will run right over it! Not even a close contest!

Hey, it doesn't have a wing, ground effects, or a giant VW logo in the back window. The exhaust system is almost completely hidden. It can't be that bad Ryan!

S

SkyPup

Hey Rich, post a pic of Diesel Dollie standing next to that awesome Jetta, it will enhance the show alot more!!

Better yet, post one of her hauling you know what down the track lickety split!
hehehe

Sprockets

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Rich: Very nice! I always refer to Canyon Red Jettas as "TDI Believer Red" whenever I see one. Yours is beautiful!

[This message has been edited by Sprockets (edited October 24, 2000).]