My 91 GTI 8 valve to B4 1Z TDI swap

jstn

Veteran Member
TDI
gone to the dark side :)
chriiiis... you me and "the" pod need to hang out again! had fun last time, let's get together again soon... gti's looking great!

justin

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
you're lucky my rabbit wasn't at fest ;) lol :D

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
Thanks!
chriiiis... you me and "the" pod need to hang out again! had fun last time, let's get together again soon... gti's looking great!
justin
Definitely! You need to go for a ride!
Thanks Frank, you have been very helpful!
Of course! Just bustin' your chops man, I know how much work you've put into it. Congrats!
Ha ha I should have known! Thanks Mark, we gotta do a Fixie ride sometime soon!
you're lucky my rabbit wasn't at fest ;) lol :D
It is too bad it wasn't! You were definitely missed, your name was brought up more than once...in good reference and bad lol! :rolleyes:
Congrats GTITDI , its a great feeling and accomplishment Great Work
Thank you! Hopefully next time I get to see that beautiful Caddy of yours!!

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Congrats

Is this some kind of smart remark? I was up against AndyBees' awesome vanagon and NashTdi's clean b5.5 on air ride

Wow! Looking over the posts since the Fest, I noticed that there was not a congratulations extended from me! However, I did personally congratulate you on the win at the Fest.

Yes, your GTI TDI is awesome and no doubt deserving of a First Place in the entry!

Awesome work! Congratulations.........

Keep us posted on continued work and new developments!

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Was great to meet you this weekend. and Congrats on the win at Fest! awesome looking MK2 GTI TDI

GTiTDi

TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
Was great to meet you this weekend. and Congrats on the win at Fest! awesome looking MK2 GTI TDI
Was great meeting you too Aaron! We definitely had a good time, I felt like I was hanging with old friends! I can't wait until the next big event!

GTiTDi

TDI
Wow! Looking over the posts since the Fest, I noticed that there was not a congratulations extended from me! However, I did personally congratulate you on the win at the Fest.

Yes, your GTI TDI is awesome and no doubt deserving of a First Place in the entry!

Awesome work! Congratulations.........

Keep us posted on continued work and new developments!
Andy! Thanks again! Your craftsmanship on the Vanagon is impressive, I was glad to see it first hand! Contact member Algirdas if you want a better oil pan, He seemed pretty confident about making you a nice one out of steel!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Contact member Algirdas if you want a better oil pan, He seemed pretty confident about making you a nice one out of steel!
I can second this suggestion. Chuck is a good guy and is located in Cincinnati

GTiTDi

TDI
Here is a pic from Volksbahn 2012 held at the Castle in the Clouds, Moultonborough New Hampshire. I used to live right near by. It was only a 2.5 hour drive away, after driving to TDI fest in Michigan it seemed like a mere hop! Ran into member Abacus and talked GT2052!!

Last edited:

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
Glad to see my handywork in the last picture ;).

Super cool car and it was great to meet you at fest man. Hope to see you again at a another show!

JetPo

TDI
Audi A4 B6 TDI
So correct me if im wrong but since this is a wastegate turbo (no vnt) i could put it on my M-TDI without needing to add any electronics ? :) It would be alot better than my K24

GTiTDi

TDI
Glad to see my handywork in the last picture ;).
Super cool car and it was great to meet you at fest man. Hope to see you again at a another show!
Thanks Matt! It was good to meet you too, and an honor to bring home on of your nicely made trophies!
So correct me if im wrong but since this is a wastegate turbo (no vnt) i could put it on my M-TDI without needing to add any electronics ? :) It would be alot better than my K24
Yes it would! A simple manual boost controller works well!

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
It was nice to run into you again Chris. Great build.

I saw this post and decided to stop by since it was pretty close to where I was going for the day. I wasn't going to put the B4 in the show since I hadn't cleaned it or washed it, but after looking at the competition, I did at the last minute and won! Well, I won "Best in Class" in the B4 category.

It was easy since there were no other B4's present. In my defense I also did not see any other cars with over 400,000 miles on them and did get some comments about it.

GTiTDi

TDI
It was nice to run into you again Chris. Great build.

I saw this post and decided to stop by since it was pretty close to where I was going for the day. I wasn't going to put the B4 in the show since I hadn't cleaned it or washed it, but after looking at the competition, I did at the last minute and won! Well, I won "Best in Class" in the B4 category.

It was easy since there were no other B4's present. In my defense I also did not see any other cars with over 400,000 miles on them and did get some comments about it.
Nice win! They should have given you at least a mention for highest accumulated mileage!

GTiTDi

TDI
So I was tired of my sagging front engine cross member so I bought a set of these

And as you can see, the stock rubber mounts were BEAT

I managed to get them swapped out in a couple of hours, a good chunk of that time was spent re-enforcing the front engine mount (in lieu of a set of BFI stealth mounts)
Pressing the new stiffer poly bushings in was simple with a quick tool I came up with

I have saved every mk3 engine mount washer I have ever come across..they make great spacers for pressing bushings!

GTiTDi

TDI
Resoucefullness is accomplishment!
Bravo!
I've got a parts/tools/scrap bin too.
Hell yeah! I was raised around practitioners of yankee ingenuity! I especially like to collect scrap pieces of exhaust pipe for press spacers, like the 2" into 2.5" piece I used above! :D