My 2door 03 golf

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
update time:

Not much to report! Still have not installed my suspension. Panser plate is great.
I am going to get a malone stage 1 tune, however have had a hard time getting a hold of them.
What is the best way to get a malone tune?
Thanks

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
Ok update time! I got the suspension installed.

Before

after

before front

after front

before rear

after rear

So I think I got about a 3/4 in in the front and 1/2 in in the rear.
Ride is great stiffer, less dive, still rides smooth.

Also got a malone stage 1 tune and a muffler delete!:D

Now just need new tires.

Last edited:

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
Reminds me of the beginning of the journey for my 2000 2-dr. Wolfsburg Edition. Wow, have things been changed! Good starting point, enjoy the ride!

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
Ok put on some snow tires! Found a set Of I-pikes with rims for $140

when i put on the lug nuts I lubed the bolts with liquid wrench, turns out I should not have. So prevent over torquing, I torqued them to 80lb instead of 90lb.

Will post pics!

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
Yea My commute got really short a year after I bought it. Now its only 24 miles a day. I also travel for work a lot.

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
Sorry have not been updated in some time. This year I got the timing belt done at konstruct performance in Santa fe NM. They did a good job.
I bought the exhaust and down pipe from muffler express. https://mufflerexpress.com/products...formance-cat-back-system?variant=125170548741
The exhaust is 2.5 no muffler, and the downpipe is 2.1/4 they were out the 2.5in.
The car is way louder now, sounds good at higher RPMS. MPG's went up little as well.
I also did a EGR delete as well. No issues in the cold weather with it so that's good.
Next up is a clutch, then malone stage 2 or 3. We will see I have been looking at MK6/7 wagons as well.

Side note bought my wife a 2021 Tiguan, its nice but will get a tune soon I hope!

Last edited:

Blessed8458

TDI
2006 golf 1.9L
Hey,
Well after a few years of searching I finally got my two door golf. This one has kind of been a saga but I got it. I bought it from the green car company in June. I broke all the rules bought it on line never saw or drove the car. I talked to the service manager about it asked about the T-belt and what they were doing to the car. She said the were replacing the brakes, fuel filter, oil, etc. However not the TB, the car was at 152K and had another 10K before it was due. I expressed my concern and they did it for 650$. Water pump, belt and rollers. So then I moved during this from cali back to Colorado, started my new job was slammed with work ( I am a wild land firefighter) and had no time to get it in WA. So finally on July 31 I got the car shipped to me! So now I have it:D. As far as plans or mods a skid plate is first. I may have to clean the intake here soon. Also I want to throw some jetta wagon springs on at some point. So here she is...
VERY NICE BRO, I HAVE A 06 4 DOOR. I CALL HER MARY..LOL, SHE HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL