My 22/60 install/ALH build thread, pics inside

repairer

TDI
Golf 3
Nice project . I wonder the ceramic coating should be useful stuff isn't it ? Can help decrease the EGT . Do you measure the EGT ?

Last edited:

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
i am hoping to make the mtn drive this year...but that all depends on how saturday night goes! :eek:
Usually the same goes for me. Except last year I was on the side of the road when the MTN cruise went by. My friend's VR threw the rod bearings.

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
99, white,2 door golf and 98, white, Jetta
i can only assume you will be at SoWo again this year?
we might need to find some time to get together, make some smoke and maybe snap a few photos of the two diesel beasts! :cool:
haha, sure!
i am hoping to make the mtn drive this year...but that all depends on how saturday night goes! :eek:
Yeah, I'll there for sure again this year. Unfortunately I'll be working all weekend but I'll be there haha. It's still up in the air what car we're taking but I should be able to bring mine. It would be cool to get some tandem rolling coal TDI shots for sure.

It would be sweet to do the mountain drive but i think that is during our set up on Sun. We'll see how things work out, maybe i can swing it.

Can I play too? My favorite show of the year.
Sure, more soot the better.

Nice project . I wonder the ceramic coating should be useful stuff isn't it ? Can help decrease the EGT . Do you measure the EGT ?
Thank you, it definitely keeps under hood temps way down. I rarely see 1400deg on EGTs, my probe is right at the merge of the 4 primaries and the manifold.

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
Quick (crappy) video of the acceleration on the street with the drag radials from a few weeks ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JROOpaUOrCs
And yes the IC pipe popped off at the top of third (90mph). I had it fixed before i hit the track. :)
That looks in the same leauge as nojoke's wagon, ~3 sec 60-80mph. This is the best video I had, it's still crappy though. I wish I could've gotten a boosted awd launch on vid haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28hbCczFPxA If anyone is good with video ediiting, I'll happily send them the file so it can be flipped right side up and not cropped so bad. You can see the speedo to 100 on my phone.

Last edited:

Dieselboy

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 1981 Caddy Tdi ALH Swap
I got a question about pistons . First i talked to u at h2o when my vnt15 blew up dnt no if you remember or not.i bought a tdi engine since that i want to build. im trying to decide which pistons to go with . sorry for threadjacking i did start a new thread but havent got any attention yet.

Last edited:

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
what's the status of this now? still driving it around or you mod anything else?

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
what's the status of this now? still driving it around or you mod anything else?
I hit a deer last november and the car has been in the shop all winter for bodywork and a full respray. I hope to have it back soon though. Keep your eyes peeled for updates here.

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
I got a question about pistons . First i talked to u at h2o when my vnt15 blew up dnt no if you remember or not.i bought a tdi engine since that i want to build. im trying to decide which pistons to go with . sorry for threadjacking i did start a new thread but havent got any attention yet.
All depends on what your power goals are for the car. PM me to talk more.