My 2012 Passat TDI was finally delivered!

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
My wife and I ordered a Passat TDI a few months ago because they didnt show in their system even having a manual transmission..... so we ordered it in Red, 6 speed manual..... etc. As far as I know, its the only one in existence.... we love it.

I wanted the gun metal color... but guess what? Wife wins.

:cool:

After a few months of waiting I got a call from my guy and he told me my car was delivered this morning so I went to pick it up....

outside ready for its first wash

clean and ready !!

and finally home

I love this car. its going to take some getting used to for sure.

:D

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
ohh man, for the first few pic, i thought you got the two tone mod! hahaha.

that red does look nice.

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Im having the windows tinted this week..... I think I want to get the wheel powder coated black too.....there is NO silver on the car at all then WHAM - those wheels.

I might also try and find another passat owner who likes these wheels that wants to trade for the other wheels

CNGracing

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE MT6
CONGRATS!!!! I got my Night Blue TDI 6MT last month and am loving it. Got it right when dealer received it after waiting 3 months and 2 days from the day I ordered it. Only 7 miles on it....not I have cranked out over 2000d already!!! ENJOY IT!!!!

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
here are some pics I got tonight.... not the best so ill have to have another go sooner or later....

neither of these came out very well.... will have to do again

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Great job on the long exposure TDI in the photograph! Please explain exactly how you did that.
Just get a camera that can take a long exposure. I think this one was 10 seconds.

trip the shutter (I use a remote but you can use a timer) and with a flashlight spell out what you want to in the air while the shutter is open.

It takes some practice - but it gets easy.

here is one I did for my SV1000

Denis Smith the photographer has made this an art....

andrewkontos

TDI
2002 White MKIV TDI, 2003 Black MKIV TDI
Recently went on a test drive at the local VW dealership and they had a black '12 with the DSG. They are deffinietly a great looking and performing car. Being 6'9 plenty of room for me either in the front or back seat. Congrats on the purchase. It's a great looking machine.

pleopard

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Ah, of course. I didn't see you standing in the background. At first I thought you waved the camera but didn't see how this was possible with all other light sources stationary and obviously no blur on the Passat. Missed the obvious.

Anyway, good work. What camera/lens?

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Ah, of course. I didn't see you standing in the background. At first I thought you waved the camera but didn't see how this was possible with all other light sources stationary and obviously no blur on the Passat. Missed the obvious.

Anyway, good work. What camera/lens?
Its the same Nikon D90 they sell at Costco I think.... its a wide lens 25 - 90 mm I think.

the motorcycle pic was taken with a $99 Casio Exilim. Phenomenal camera.

jimmybling31

Veteran Member
TDI
01white jetta
congratz. living in chattanooga I forget how long it takes some people to get these. It's a great car. I have friends working in the factory that put their hard work into every vehicle that goes down the line. I personally am proud knowing my city builds that car.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
congratz. living in chattanooga I forget how long it takes some people to get these. It's a great car. I have friends working in the factory that put their hard work into every vehicle that goes down the line. I personally am proud knowing my city builds that car.
You should not have told us this. :)

Ask him when VW is going to approve OT to get the backlog of orders out the door or at least ramp up production. :confused:

I have been waiting since 9/19 for my order to be built and they are not scheduled to start it until next week!!!!

scknight

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI 6MT
Or better yet, ask him if they can make a 'mistake' on a TDI SEL, and drop a manual transmission in it.

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
thats pretty awesome.

when we bought the car it did make me feel good that we were contributing to the American job market much more than if we would have bought the Jetta.
Didnt like the Jetta nearly as much anyways....

felixcasio

TDI
golf gls tdi 1999.5 green
real nice. I would have kept the white stickers. come to think of it when i buy something I'll make sure they leave it on.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Don't blame ya. Winter in Chicago is brutal on car front ends. If IDOT so much as smells snow in the air roads are covered with rock salt or its manufactured equivalent, which tends to sand blast your hood and front end over time. I will def consider a clear bra type coating on the next TDI.

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Don't blame ya. Winter in Chicago is brutal on car front ends. If IDOT so much as smells snow in the air roads are covered with rock salt or its manufactured equivalent, which tends to sand blast your hood and front end over time. I will def consider a clear bra type coating on the next TDI.
yeah luckily we dont have to worry about such things in California....cars last very well. the accord I just gave to my sister has about 300k on it and it still looks pretty much new

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Yo...eatpasta...if your poop looks like the Passat red, you...uhhh...better eat less pasta!:D
Really...to each, his/her own. Your post was a bit rude:(...not a lot:rolleyes:...just a bit...actually, I agree it's more brown than red, but it sure doesn't look like poop!!

OP: Enjoy your new ride. We're picking up our Black/Cornsilk SEL tonight. Now, if eatpasta thinks MY RIDE looks like poop, he'd better check himself into an internal medicine clinic real quick!:eek: