My 2002 New Beetle TDI

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Not sure if I've posted a picture thread for my car yet here, but here it is. He is ANYTHING but feminine...
It irritates me when people say my car is "cute". So I'm working on ways to make him look a little "tougher". Though being on the .org, I've found that a lot of guys own a New Beetle. Most of which are married with kids and very very straight. Some others are not. It doesn't matter to me, I love my car, I love modding it, and I'm not done yet. Here is the most recent from our 2nd Annual Tail of the Dragon GtG. We had 43 cars show up. Some of which came from California and Texas even. So, we had a good showing. Hopefully next year will be better!!

I was tired of rock chips on the hood and bumper so on long drives he wears the crawler bra

Still hard to believe he started like this..."cute" and stock...ugh

UFO

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
My 2001 black Beetle is not as cute as yours was. And for the record, I am male, straight, and married with 2 kids....

I'm thinking the only mod I may get is a tail to improve Cd for better mileage on the highway.

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
My spoiler did help a lot when I got it. It seemed to create enough down force in the back to make it stick to the road. And after lowering the car. That helped even more!

kgirlbug2k

Veteran Member
The first thing I did to Monty was get rid of the platinum grey spoiler someone installed on him. Next will be to lift him. LOL my car is going in reverse of yours. :)

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
kgirlbug2k said:
The first thing I did to Monty was get rid of the platinum grey spoiler someone installed on him. Next will be to lift him. LOL my car is going in reverse of yours. :)
lol Well, like I said, I can help with the suspension. We did Probie's in 8 hours! :) Including rear control arm bushings! I should be a pro now ;)

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Why thank you! :) I have a few more "cosmetic" mods. But looks like Mechanical mods are outweighing them right now. Looks like a 5 speed is closer than I ever imagined. ... . Then that opens up a WHOLE new world of modifications.......yup...I'm gonna be in for some trouble!

kgirlbug2k

Veteran Member
Are you putting the splitters on Probie? You wouldn't happen to know anyone with a skid plate or some subs just taking up space, would you?

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
kgirlbug2k said:
Are you putting the splitters on Probie? You wouldn't happen to know anyone with a skid plate or some subs just taking up space, would you?
no plans on using the splitters. Still dreaming of a Caractre kit. I know Evanrude on the .org is selling his sub/amp/and box. It's a good combo and it's that sub box that sits in the corner on the passenger side, so you still have lots of usable trunk space.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
Nice looking NB. There are ways to make them not look cute. The origional bug was driven by all sorts of people men and women and you can find nearly any type of enthusiast or club for them. In HS my best friend had a 68 bug that would do low 14's in the quater mile, not bad for bug.

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Thanks everyone! I have many plans in store for this little guy. I've done most if not all the cosmetic mods that I can think of. Still have a few more that are partially ready, but not complete. Next will be technical. Tunes and other parts to make him faster/stronger! :)

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
MichelleRoze said:
Thanks everyone! I have many plans in store for this little guy. I've done most if not all the cosmetic mods that I can think of. Still have a few more that are partially ready, but not complete. Next will be technical. Tunes and other parts to make him faster/stronger! :)
Harder better faster stronger you say?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1915455424755118558#

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Well, it never fails. I ALWAYS need to mod something...so here is the latest:

As we age, our feet get bigger and we out grow our shoes....well cars are no different. And here's the proof. Probie's feet grew 2 SIZES!!! Had to get him some bigger shoes.....

Let's just hope his feet don't get much bigger. Shoes at this size are expensive!!!

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
Now that's a sexy looking NB, still! (I sure hope Probie is a girl).

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
TDICADDGUY said:
Nice price too.

Nice looking wheels Michelle!
Thanks, I am enjoying the wheels. Though I will have to get one straightened, but it balanced well and it isn't causing too much issue.

That is a nice price. I pmed him, but he's already got a buyer on the whole thing. :( So, looks like I'm up to MD tomorrow :D

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
MichelleRoze said:
Haha LOVE it!! Might have to make it the new Theme song for my car!!
Did you play that song at the GTG like planned?

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Bob_Fout said:
Did you play that song at the GTG like planned?
Sadly no. Since we went to MD to get the swap parts, I arrived early Thursday and no one was there. So we left Probie at Asheville, while we took Matt's wagen up to MD. Then by the time we got back to Asheville (2:30am Saturday morning), we went straight to sleep. Then up to the GtG where Jim was already tearing the car apart! So, no theme song. Maybe at Chapin in August. Especially because I plan to drive there myself. I hate being a passenger in my car!!! Can't wait to get this stick shift figured out and drive my car again!!!!! Ugh!

More people drove my car in one weekend, than anyone has in the 3 years I owned the car...geez!!!

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
diesel_boogie said:
LOWER IT!!!
Probie is lowered, just not that much. I value my engine and tranny a bit too much to lower it quite that far! :) Eibach Pro Kit and Koni STR.T seem to do just fine for me!

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
So did the front of your car get any higher once you got that pig of an automatic out of there? Just curious because I'm hoping to gain 1/2" or so up front to get my car more level. If that doesn't work I might end up needing new front springs.

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
TDICADDGUY said:
So did the front of your car get any higher once you got that pig of an automatic out of there? Just curious because I'm hoping to gain 1/2" or so up front to get my car more level. If that doesn't work I might end up needing new front springs.
You know, I haven't checked it. I'll do that tonight. I'm assuming it should have come up a little. But there is still a lot of automatic "crap" in there. We only removed the transmission as far as I know and then replaced it with the manual. I'll check. The front spacing from tire to wheel well was about the width of the switchblade key and the rear was the length of the switchblade key. So, I'll look and see if there is any difference!