My $15 pressure regulator used to adjust the boost valve

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2005, Shadow Blue
Here is my homemade pressure regulator valve that I used to setup the boost valve.

I can adjust the pressure in from the air compressor by turning the silver knob at the bottom of the inlet regulator and have the outlet ball valve closed.

I can then fine tune the air pressure using this meter.
I set the air pressure a little higher than what I wanted the boost valve to open at.

I then attached the boost valve to the pressure regulator rig and opened the ball valve. This works like a tire pressure gauge now but with fine adjustment.

I started with the boost valve adjustment knob turned all of the way in. I slowly turned this knob out until the fine tuning pressure gauge leveled off at the pressure that I wanted the boost valve to open at.

I then tightened down the retaining nut.

I opened and closed the ball valve a couple of time to verify that the boost valve actually open where I wanted it to.

I put the boost valve up to my ear to verify that there was air escaping from the outlet. Sure enough, there was a small hiss of escaping air. :)

Enjoy and make you own!

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2005, Shadow Blue
I got a Digi-PD Pro and TPC from Joe.

I am thinking of coming out after Easter to run on the JSP dyno and get more data.

It would be great to meet with some of the other members from out there.

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
well let us know and we can have a gtg, by then I will have my aligator chip from diesel inside :)