MQB JSW, when will we see it in US?

RNDDUDE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I know it will be delayed for quite a while while they concentrate on the sedans, in essence there will be no truly 2014 JSW's, but has anyone heard any rumors of when we will finally get it here?:confused:

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
From past expreience, if the MQB JSW platform is intorduced in Europe in 2014, we will probably not see it until 2015 or 2016. Also, some of the posts for the 2014 Golf hinted that North American vehilces would come out of Mexico for a 2015 model. If they have to retool for the Golf VII, then they would probably switch the JSW at the same time.

RNDDUDE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
TDI Timmy...first linky no worky....

kjclow....i suppose the big question is whether the MQB's will be done in Tennessee or Mexico, or both. I thought I had heard that wherever it happens, Golfs and Jetta sedans would take priority until the pipeline was full, then JSW's would follow after that, due to their relative miniscule sales volume vs. sedans.

I am following this closely because my 30K/yr 2011 JSW will be nearing 100K in 2014 and I would like to upgrade to another JSW (or whatever they call it them) on the MQB platform, hopefully with the euro-spec 170hp TDI.

Last edited:

TDI_Timmy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW, DSG, Pano
Fixed first link. I was on my iPhone so it was going to the m.caranddriver site. I got rid of the m so it wouldn't default to mobile version. Put the m back in and seems fine.

nikhsub1

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf R
I think it will be sometime before a new MQB wagon, if at all in the US... I have heard rumors that the only wagon will be a Passat Alltrak type deal. Only time will tell.