MPG for Upsolute and .205's ?

Glider

MPG for Upsolute and .205\'s ?

I've just recently purchased a 2001 Jetta TDI 5sp and have already made up my mind after reading many hours on this GREAT forum that I will be driiving to NC to get Upsoluted. However, after reading posts on the .205 injectors I'm very curious on what kind of gas milage I would get if I installed .205's with the Upsolute chip. I have purchased the Jetta TDI for 2 reasons I want better gas milage because I'm in outside sales and drive many miles, and I've owned many VW's. But I have to admit I love to drive and love to tinker with my cars and have always modified my VW's for more power. I just don't want to blow the gas mileage. Also I don't mind upgrading the clutch either, I know it will probably have to be changed.

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
Re: MPG for Upsolute and .205\'s ?

With .205,s and Upsolute chip i am getting 46 mpg avg. with 205-55-16 tires. Stock wheels and tire up the avg to 48mpg. Every one is going to be differant according to the way you drive. EDIT \
With the 205,s i had to upgrade my clutch.

[ September 13, 2002, 18:37: Message edited by: Birdman ]

Sc0

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf GL 5sp Candy White Tan cloth interior

before any mods, 46mpg avg best tank 56mpg
with Valentine-1... 42mpg
with .205's and V1.. 39mpg
without speed limits... 31mpg
'02 5-sp with stock steelies and Conti's
running stock airbox with snowscreen.
(removed snow screen recently, 90% clogged 20k)

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003

Hyway is running around 50 to 52 if i keep my foot out of it. It is hard to get a good hyway MPG because i havn,t been takeing long trips and i only fill up when empty. The Trip to the Fest in MI> was 600 miles oneway and i ran around the first day then drove out to the dragstrip and ran 4 races before the light came on at 715 miles this was running 205,s chip , and tuning box. when i filled up on the way back to the Hotel avg was49,7 not to bad for all the hard running. I do know others that got better and others that have worse.
I am using a g-60 flywheel and VR6 clutch and PP which seems to be a good setup. DBW was working on a setup that used the OEM flywhell,but have not heard anything upto date.
Remember tire and wheel size have a lot to do whit milage. on AVG. going up i in. in size (15-16) takes away about 2MPG.

[ September 13, 2002, 22:18: Message edited by: Birdman ]

Sc0

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf GL 5sp Candy White Tan cloth interior

you mentioned the G60 flywheel and the VR6 slutch but what are you referring to by PP?