Moving Help

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
We're loading up the Penske to head east. There is one item I cannot move because I'm just not strong enough. It's the entertainment center and it's upstairs. With the doors, drawers, and shelves removed, we need at least 2 more guys. 3 would be even better.

We pick up the Penske truck Saturday morning, Jan. 26th. Is there anyone who can help us either on Saturday or Sunday move the entertainment center? I'll pay in food and beverage of your choice.

Any help after that would be much appreciated, too.

akmike

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 TDI naturally Jetta
Dee,
Hey sorry I am on wrong coast to help ya out. Sprinter all fixed up from the dealership? What they finally end up doing to it? How you heading to the East coast?

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
AKM, I had a center bearing that was failing but 2 different dealerships told me I didn't know what a howling bearing sounded like and that I was wrong. The van then died on me one day while I had the kids with me. I couldn't restart. Ended up being an Intake Air Temp sensor. While in the shop, I had them replace the center bearing (yep, it was howling and bad!) Had the van for not even a day and it died on me on the interstate. Towed in, this time for a Crankshaft Positioning sensor. Got it back a few days ago and now, not even 200 miles on the current center bearing, it's making a low-pitched whirring noise - which is how the last one started out.

Have a route kind of mapped out but we're going to see what the weather is doing when we leave :)

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
Managed to get some friends over that we would tailgate with pregame during Husky football season :) We supplied some good beer and they supplied the muscle to get the entertainment center in the van :)

Now we just have the rest of the house...