Move Greasecar kit from Golf to Jetta

Brianvw

TDI
2000 Jetta and Golf
I have to move a Greasecar kit from my 2000 Golf to my 2000Jetta.
Should I disconnect the hoses from the tank or the front of the car?
Which is easiest and safest?

Brian

philngrayce

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta, '06 Jetta, Both Gone '13 Leaf, Gone Liberty CRD, Subaru Forrester and MB300SD
I think the job will be much easier taking it all apart and reassembling it in the new car. I’m not sure how you can leave the hoses attached at the front, since they are connected to the engine?

I have moved my kits a few times and never had trouble putting them back together. You may decide to replace some of the hoses or pex lines, depending on their condition.

Brianvw

TDI
2000 Jetta and Golf
I think the job will be much easier taking it all apart and reassembling it in the new car. I’m not sure how you can leave the hoses attached at the front, since they are connected to the engine?

I have moved my kits a few times and never had trouble putting them back together. You may decide to replace some of the hoses or pex lines, depending on their condition.
I am concerned about which end to disconnect the lines that go from front to back. Disconnect at the tank seems possibly the easiest. Then I can take the tank out and disconnect the rest of the assembly from under the hood and remove that as one whole assembly and just slide it into the new car and reattach there.

philngrayce

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta, '06 Jetta, Both Gone '13 Leaf, Gone Liberty CRD, Subaru Forrester and MB300SD
I think that will work fine. Just inspect the heater hose carefully for chafing or damage. It will be a lot easier to repair or replace when it is out of the car.