Motor mount bracket... DONE! Harder then I thought.

CaNauBis

TDI
Golf II 1.9TDI
Hi, very good motor mount, i have this problem because i put a gt17vb on my mkII and I had to cut and weld the mount of aluminum and he broke twice now wanted to make a steel.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I can't see the pictures here at work, but congrats, I gurantee you will love the car when its done!

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Why not clock the turbo and have it point up instead of down? Then you could build a stronger bracket. Just my thoughts after seeing the pics. If you have a plan then continue on. The mount looks good except I hope its strong enough.

Spulen81

Veteran Member
Looks beefy! You might want to go with a MK3 rear mount, the mk2 hydro mount kinda sucks. You can alwas just drill another whole in your bracket though. At this point it wouldn't be hard to swap the subframe, and they are usually super cheap to free.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
yeah use the mk3 mount its a much better motormount design.

Here is something to avoid:

DannyboyUpstate

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta
HAHAHA... yeah, that's EXACTLY what I was trying to avoid. We hacked the OEM mount up just to fit it up and there wast so little left of it... it was a recipe for disaster. This is made out of 3/8" steel plate. I think it's going to work out alright. I wanted something that was semi-quick because who knows if the VNT 15 will be adequate early on... :p

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
anyone got a pic of the mk3 rear mount? i have the option of both!

Will the mk3 mount fit a std. alh engine?

cheers

DannyboyUpstate

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta
The MkIII mount looks mostly like the the aluminum one that G60ING posted most recently.

The MkIII mount WILL fit the block of the ALH engine. It however, will NOT clear the VNT15 turbo. Not sure about other styles of turbos, but not likely either. ;)