Motivation behind taking a road trip.

Ton

Veteran Member
TDI
early 2001 jetta
I was reading local restaurant reviews. Someone mentioned driving 2 1/2 hrs. to go to Southern Kitchen in New Market,VA. Anyone on here drive that far to get perfect fried chicken? Or whatever your favorite meal is?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Just realize that what may be a great meal for someone else, you may not agree
Me thinks that unless you find yourself in the area then try it. But a 5 hour round trip is not worth it.

But having said that, there are two great sites for checking out.
1. ). Yelp
2 .). Trip advisor

Last edited:
Reactions: Ton

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I have driven 5 hours round trip to meet with friends for a meal, several times.

More for the friends than the meal, but I would probably do a day trip for good food.

Jetta SS

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta
I regularly make a 1.5 hour round trip drive for my favorite Mexican restaurant once a month.

I wouldn't do a 5 hr round trip though. There would have to be more involved than fried chicken :)

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I do a 5 hour round trip daily for work. Well, I do when I'm not out of work due to a government shutdown that is.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I drive 1,300 km to see my Dentist 2x a Year!!!
Ha,ha I've got you beat. I drive 4700 km (2,800 miles) to see my dentist, also twice a year. See the dentist in early November and again early April.:D

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I know a guy (former co-worker) that commutes 142 miles per day. He put 412k miles on a Toyota Corolla before it went kaput! The Lexington Herald was doing stories on high mileage vehicles .... along with other stories, they featured a photo of his Odometer and a short narrative about his vehicle... back in about 1999-2000. He's nearing retirement .... said he'd probably miss the drive!:D