More than OBD Tracker. What do you think?

Sam Witwicky

TDI
p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; } [FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I work in an IT company. In our company we develop tracking and diagnostic devices for cars. I want to share our project to you and will be glad to hear your opinion. I suggest you to participate in the creation of a realy good device.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Our device is almost finished but we still have time to add new functions or change some of the existing ones.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The device connects to OBD2 port and m[/FONT]ain functions are next:
- reads engine error codes;
- shows the data from dashboard indicators(speed, rpm, engine temperature, engine load, airbag and belt status) in your account;
- real-time 24/7 vehicle monitoring;
- location tracking;
- notification when vehicle enters or leaves a geo-fence;
- driver's behavior analysis;
- accident notification;
- 3D reconstruction of the accident;
- mobile application;
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Which other functions would you find useful? What functions do you think are unnecessary? [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Feel free to ask me if you want more information. [/FONT]

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Not to mention the name is the primary character in Transformers . . . I think I smell BS . . .

- Tim

Sam Witwicky

TDI
I'm sorry I haven't contacted you the last few weeks but I've been very busy with my project.
It's a pity not to see your interest. But we are going to launch our project on Kickstarter and I believe you will like it!
I will keep you updated!

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
If you really want feedback on your new device maybe give out a dozen or so and let us try it out.
It sounds intriguing, but we'd want to see how it actually interfaces and how complete the data set is for our application.

Enabled

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Manual, BMW 328d SW
I do not want any devices tracking my car, and how I drive it, nor where I take it.
There are already such devices here that auto insurances try to encourage to install for a discount on your bills.
No thank you.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Isn't Kickstarter that thing I saw on the news the other day where people donate money towards the creation of a product and if the creator squanders the money on booze and hookers you're out of luck?

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I'm sorry I haven't contacted you the last few weeks but I've been very busy with my project.
It's a pity not to see your interest. But we are going to launch our project on Kickstarter and I believe you will like it!
I will keep you updated!
Well, come on back with something other than nonsense. Could you come up with something that would wipe the ECU's memory when a collision is detected?

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Interest for what? [Echo]For a company trying to roll out a big project, why is there no info? No company name. No links. Nothing.[/Echo]
They're going to "roll it out on Kickstarter."

The idea is you donate a bunch of money on Kickstarter, then you sit back and wait.

How can you not be super excited about this?

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
I sense misrepresentation.

Established commercial enterprises don't use crowd funding. If business plan for a project is solid, that capital acquisition model will negatively impact revenue. Commercial bank loans are ultra-cheap and don't require convoluted profit sharing schemes inherent to crowd funding.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
It needs to be compatable with Torque app.
The Delphi unit does not seem to be.
I would like to know if anyone has made the Delphi Connect module work with the Torque App.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I sense misrepresentation.

Established commercial enterprises don't use crowd funding. If business plan for a project is solid, that capital acquisition model will negatively impact revenue. Commercial bank loans are ultra-cheap and don't require convoluted profit sharing schemes inherent to crowd funding.
The problem with banks is that they still want their money back even if you spend it on booze and hookers instead of product development.

Banks are a total drag that way.