more TDI's on the road?

pjr107

more TDI\'s on the road?

I have noticed in the last few months that there has been more and more TDI's on the road (in the Philly area). I used to only see one every couple of weeks, now me and my wife see a few per day. Anybody notice more on the road?

Tortuga

TDI
Jetta Wagon GLS, 2003, Red
more TDI\'s on the road?

Here in the San Diego area, I seem to see one every other day--which is more often than before. No one I "recognise" from this forum, though. Guess I better get proselytisin'!

oriley

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 black Golf
more TDI\'s on the road?

I see several a day here in the mile high. I saw on a mini the other day "mini5280.---". I'd like to start something like that w/ TDI 5280. I know we could get something going here. But I don't know anything about starting a web page.
But anyways, back to the topic /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Yes I have been seeing a lot recently!

Papachristou

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat SE DSG
more TDI\'s on the road?

i love the "gasoline kills" sticker

i too see a silver TDI golf on US 63 and I-55 in AR but i dont think he is on here

pjr107

more TDI\'s on the road?

Greyhounds? are they rescued? I had 2 before me and my X went seprate ways....my daughter is still upset about Moniquie (our famale). thay make wonderful, but dumb pets hehe. We currently have a border collie that thinks she is a 4 year old. (go get the basketball Bitsey)

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
more TDI\'s on the road?

Here in Rhode Island they seem to be more common place than before. When ever we go up to Montreal though, its all TDI up there.

Boobiwan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS Reflex Silver
more TDI\'s on the road?

I seem to have noticed a few more here also.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
more TDI\'s on the road?

Lots in the western burbs of Chicago. I even run into the occasional one at the Amoco Premier pump once-in-a-while.

Jason

testDummy

Veteran Member
more TDI\'s on the road?

I am happy to say tdi are quite popular here in the coldest capital city in the world. I'd say over 30 percent of the vw I've seen here were tdi plus some unknown NB (they don't have badges). VW are very popular here in this part of town too. We have Passat, Jetta, NB, Golf, Jetta, Passat.... Just on this block, there are at least 4 VW, two are tdi.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
more TDI\'s on the road?

Sorry I missed you @ Knoebel's Grove.

I have noticed that too. Some area's of the country seem to TDI concentrations, I think Philly is one of them.

BTW, there is a PA GTG in Lancaster,PA. look under east coast GTGS. Jeff of Rocketchip going to be there. Not that you might interested in his work, but he's ARMY. GO ARMY!!!

MWM

Veteran Member
TDI
Variant, 2003, Reflex Silver
more TDI\'s on the road?

[ QUOTE ]
testDummy said:
I am happy to say tdi are quite popular here in the coldest capital city in the world. I'd say over 30 percent of the vw I've seen here were tdi plus some unknown NB (they don't have badges).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm one of the 30% /images/graemlins/cool.gif I'd say that figure is about right. I can always tell that a TDI is approaching during my walk to work, and I wonder how many of them know about this site. There is a Jetta taxi in the city; I should flag him down just to get his impressions and mileage.

DieselLover

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 2002 Black
more TDI\'s on the road?

I saw a black Mk4 Jetta TDI this morning on the Cross Island Parkway in NYC. First time I've seen him (he had a wing on the trunk lid).

Where can we get the "gasoline kills" sticker?

Stuart

20002DieselFreak

TDI
Jetta, 2002, Reflex Silver
more TDI\'s on the road?

Here in Waterloo, almost 50% of the Vws are TDI. I can not go 4 blocks without seeing a VW product, most of the time its a silver Jetta TDI...

There are also 2 Silver Jetta TDI taxis in Waterloo, I spoke to one a few months ago, he had over 100,000KM on his 2002.

Christopher Petrie
95 E300D
2002 Jetta TDI 71,800 KM
Waterloo ONT

SwimmerDave

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW 6MT
more TDI\'s on the road?

Like the greyhounds. My wife and I adopted a rescued 3.5-yr-old large male a few months ago. The best pet we've ever had.

As for TDIs, I do not see that many here in the outer 'burbs of Atlanta. The lowest gasoline prices in the nation only seem to encourage SUVs, which seem to be the vehicle of choice around where I live. I stick out like a sore thumb /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tortuga

TDI
Jetta Wagon GLS, 2003, Red
more TDI\'s on the road?

Actually, my kids are whippets. Same thing but half the size, slightly different muscling and topline, but we hear "greyhound" all the time. We hate getting the "Italian Greyhound" thing, but we've seen some pretty off-standard so-called IGs that we know where it's coming from. We have to wait to get a house before we can get any more dogs, but a rescued greyhound is next. We just love how snuggly and mellow our kids are, they sleep about twenty hours a day and spend the rest of it showing us what mischievous buggers they can be.

I got my "gasoline kills" sticker from unamerican.com. Fun stuff.

I saw another TDI today, I think my TDI-spotting average is going up.

vaxick

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS TDI, 2000, Satin Silver
more TDI\'s on the road?

Michigan is not the state for TDI’s lol. Or at least not in my area, I might see two or three a week on the road, but that’s about it. There is one Jetta TDI owner in my area that I always see in the same parking lot during the week on my drive to school. Other than that, most people buy American cars since you can get them cheaper in Michigan for obvious reasons.

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
more TDI\'s on the road?

Well, I think it all depends on where ya are in the Water, Winter Wonderland /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm in mid-Mich. and the number of TDIs seems to be increasing steadily, or maybe I'm just noticing them more...nah. Join up with the Mich. TDIers vaxick and you'll start seeing them all over! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif