Monster Mats vs Weathertech

JARED_LA

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Can anyone give opinions on each? I currently have weathertech on my suv and was wondering how they compare to monster mats and cargo liner. No complaints here with weathertech.
Thanks,
Jared

germ

TDI
2012 Passat tdi 6sp man
I like weathertech. They contain snow water better. I have both. My car came with Monster mats.

APT

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL
I have WT in 3 vehicles, $800 spent so far. I love them! My Passat came with the Monster Mats. The Monster Mats are more like this Husky Heavy Duty line than the floor liner series of Husky or WT. I am not terribly impressed. I may end up getting WT if they make a 1-piece rear, but I see they just came out with a 2-piece design so that is not likely. Also, I have the tan interior and the monster mats are black. I don't like that.

The truck mat with cargo blocks I do like.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Based on past experience the Weathertech had poorer fit and coverage than Monster. Some have complained about wear on Monster mats, I've had no problems with them.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
My Monster Mats had holes worn into them under my right heel in less than one year (under 15k miles). I bought the WeatherTech all weather mats (not the digital fit liners), and they still look good after 2 years and over 20k miles. The Monsters might fit a little better, but they do not wear as well.

Have Fun!

Don