Modifying Catch can for 3/4" hose

schnabba

Veteran Member
TDI
golf GLS 2001 white
Here is a PDF document I created after modifying the catch can I have as a CCV bypass. I wanted to use 3/4" hose instead of 3/8".

The file is now 2.6 MB in size and is acrobat 4.0 compatible (updated as of 06/10/2002)

Page breaks and image sizes are suitable for printing.

Pictures, part numbers, and instructions for eveyone! Enjoy!

CCV Catch Can modification to accept 3/4 inch hose

[ June 10, 2002, 14:30: Message edited by: schnabba ]

Charlie5

schnabba,

Sweeet! Great job on the pdf step by step. Ive been looking at the same catch can but have wondered if the 3/8 nipples would breath well enough considering the size of the VW PCV hoses. Biggest damn hoses Ive ever seen on a stock PCV system for a 4cyl. It would look more at home on a big V8:) Thanks for doing all the research so us lazy folk dont have to;)

David

Denis

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL 5sp, 2002, White
Great PDF! I think I can help with the problem on the intake bypass cap. I had the same problem when I took off the curved hose from the hockey puck to the intake. I had my 3/4 inch bypass cap and was perplexed that it wouldn't work. I then took the quick disconnect end off the curved hose and Voila, snapped it back into the intake by itself and THEN installed the 3/4 inch bypass cap onto the barbed male end. Worked like a champ!

My biggest problem is I purchased the 1 quart breather bottle and it's too big to mount in the engine compartment.

Denis