Mobile Delvac 1 SHC 5w40

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
https://lubes.exxonmobil.com/MarineLubes-En/Files/mobil-delvac-shc-5w-40_factsheet.pdf

This is Mobils severe duty Marine oil. API CE/CF Rated.

Mobil Delvac 1 SHC
SAE Grade 5W-40
Viscosity, ASTM D 445
cSt @ 40ºC 84
cSt @ 100ºC 14.2
Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270 176
Sulphated Ash, wt%, ASTM D 874 1.9
Total Base #, mg KOH/g, ASTM D 2896 16
Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97 -45
Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92 238
Density @ 15ºC kg/l, ASTM D 4052 0.859

Thoughts on this product in a TDI with no emissions equipment?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I thought you were selling your horrible TDI? :p

Funny, after 15 years as a member here (and a "lurker" for a couple years before that) we STILL have oil threads started.

:D:D:D

I have nothing to offer, since the subject has been beaten to death, brought back to life, beaten some more, over and over again... and you'll get all the same answers as always. :eek:

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
... we STILL have oil threads started.
I have nothing to offer, since the subject has been beaten to death, brought back to life, beaten some more, over and over again... and you'll get all the same answers as always. :eek:
Yeah, I have nothing more to offer either. I've just passed 400,000 miles on my '03 Jetta wagon - never had anything but Mobil 5W-40. The inside of the engine looks new but I don't have enough experience yet to give an opinion.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
I was going to sell but when the time came i couldnt let it go. I enjoy driving it too much. Its like mariage ya gota take the good with the bad. But i appriciate ya stopin by to piss in my kool aid. :D

I thought you were selling your horrible TDI? :p
Funny, after 15 years as a member here (and a "lurker" for a couple years before that) we STILL have oil threads started.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Only thing that i was wondering about was the API CE/CF rating. Is that just due to emissions stuff and non emissions stuff?

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Egr is gone and cat will be too soon.
I see you sold your TDI Bob... I was wondering if your aware of the 2.0T intake carbonizing?

Last edited:

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Egr is gone and cat will be too soon.
I see you sold your TDI Bob... I was wondering if your aware of the 2.0T intake carbonizing?
Yep. 2015 is the first year for the Gen 3 2.0T, and so far it doesn't seem to be as much of an issue. Consensus is driving habits, oil and fuel choices make a difference too.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
ive got a friend with a 2.0T i told him once he cleans the intake to install a provent 200 to stop the oil introduction and the problem should go away. Is there an EGR vacation option available for the 2.0T?

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
ive got a friend with a 2.0T i told him once he cleans the intake to install a provent 200 to stop the oil introduction and the problem should go away. Is there an EGR vacation option available for the 2.0T?
Catch cans have been inconclusive in preventing it, just prolongs it. I don't know how the EGR works on these.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Did they fix the balance shaft/ oil pump, cam follower, injector, fuel pump, Pcv, coil or plug issues as well?