Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 Safe to Use?

dtreid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI 128k km
Can I use Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 in my '15 Passat?
Container says suitable for diesel engines with DPF but it doesn't list the VW 507.00 spec on it.

dtreid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI 128k km
I have a bunch of it. VW lists the mobil 1 esp 5w-30 as compatible with 507.00. Would it be a bad thing to use 5w-40?

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Deleted TDIs I believe you can get away with a little bit more considering that you dont have to worry about ash load as much due to no DPF but for a non deleted car, I would just stick with 507 spec to not give yourself headaches down the road.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I would say no. Looks like this oil is for heavy duty applications, and the way I read the spec sheet it isn't significantly low ash or low SAPs for the '15 Passat. Here are the spec sheets:

If I'm reading these right (and it's entirely possible I am not) the Delvac would cause premature DPF failure.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
I would say no. Looks like this oil is for heavy duty applications, and the way I read the spec sheet it isn't significantly low ash or low SAPs for the '15 Passat. Here are the spec sheets:

If I'm reading these right (and it's entirely possible I am not) the Delvac would cause premature DPF failure.
Yeah, I'd say "more" premature than it would normally. You definitely don't want to use the "Delvac" in a DPF car but the 5w30 is AMAZING in deleted and I'm sure the 5w40 would be as well. If you want to used good Mobil, the "ESP 5w30" in your post is what you want to use. The new OEM oil for our cars is actually the Mobil ESP 1 0w30 just rebottled by VW/Audi.

Anyone with an "off-road" CDR, this is the oil I'm talking about >>>> https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/MOB126085

Last edited: