MN Chat Thread

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Couldn't find a partout here in MN? There was a 12 (iirc) being parted out in the citys...
Why the locking blue cap? I feel like i missed something or some missing information?

indigoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Couldn't find a partout here in MN? There was a 12 (iirc) being parted out in the citys...
Why the locking blue cap? I feel like i missed something or some missing information?
someone accidentally added diesel additive to the DEF tank 😳😳😳 rather expensive misunderstanding. And apparently the ‘15 Sportwagen tanks are in very short supply.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm moving so I have a few things that could go if anyone is interested.

Mk4 manual trans axles (could be rebuilt, but work, and no tears).
Still have a mk4 5th gear set currently.
Mk4 clutch (141k on it).
OEM beetle bra for the front bumper (used for like a week).

Not really wanting to ship currently, but could look into it. If you wanna pay me what its worth to you thats cool, otherwise you can just have it🙂. I would like to get 40$ for the bra tho.

I can meet in Dalbo or Bloomington. Maybe in between depending how things workout.

cjman

TDI
2002 Jetta
New Touareg Key programming.
Long story short, I lost the only key I got when I bought the vehicle. I purchased a new key from dealer.
Does anyone know of a dealer that will send a guy with a programmer to my house instead of having to have it towed to the dealer 45 miles away?

Update: I found the old key! Now I just need to find the most reasonable price to have the new key programmed to work, but I can drive the vehicle now!

Last edited:

astrolumen

TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5-speed Stock
SOLD.

Hi folks, it's been a few years since I've posted. My neighbor across the street has a 2003 ALH tdi in navy blue that she's selling, and i told her I'd post it here for her. Anyone in the market?

-----
2003 Navy Blue Volkswagen Golf ALH 5-speed manual tdi $2,750. Located in Falcon Heights, MN.

208,700 almost exclusively highway miles, "runs great." "All" scheduled maintenance, including regular oil changes. Maintenance records available. New battery. The check engine and ABS lights are on, but "mechanics" can’t find issues, "runs great."

Non-smoker. Interior in good shape. Rust. Price negotiable. Accepting Cashier’s Check only.

Text communication preferred at XXXXXXXXXX.

[I put things in quotes that i haven't confirmed myself.]

Last edited:

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
me an my anti-rust snoooobery...LOL Found a reasonable 2dr on FB and it is missing its title. Story is, sold to gent who did not take ownership, and then sold to one ov his buddies who is now offering it for sale. In WI...

Douglas

astrolumen

TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5-speed Stock
The Golf sold after 3 hours on FB marketplace. No hits on Craigslist previously. I don't understand the car market anymore.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Market is good right now for tdi's especially golfs! They disappear fast. If i hadn't already gotten my fiancé a car i would've been pretty interested!! Have to sell her two other cars anyway now.

Tmaxxrox97

TDI
06 Golf TDI
Does anyone know of anyone in the Minneapolis metro area who is able to do an immobilizer delete on an 06 Golf with a BEW? I called around to a couple of shops and they either didn't have the tools or didn't return my call. I'd prefer to have it done locally so I don't have to have the turn around time of mailing my ECU out to someone.

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Check with greengeeker and merkurguitar on this site. Neither is exactly metro, and I'm not sure they do immobilizer deletes, but they can likely point you in the right direction

Last edited:

indigoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
update on slvrsrfr (the mk7) Duluth said they got the DEF tank in - but now found that the back springs are broken?!? I wasn't having any problems I could discern when I drove it up there - but - who knows... Should have it back end of this week.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Anybody have an ALH intercooler sitting on the shelf?
I should have one that I could drop off, the OE ones are rather valueless to me. I'll check around and try to get one with the MAP sensor still in there because the screws always break off
might be up at my place up north...
Still got the same phone number as years back?

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
I should have one that I could drop off, the OE ones are rather valueless to me. I'll check around and try to get one with the MAP sensor still in there because the screws always break off
might be up at my place up north...
Still got the same phone number as years back?
yes, same number. Thanks!

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Alright cool, I looked around down here and came up emptyhanded, so they'll be up at my place and I'll drop it off on my way back through tomorrow, dunno when in the afternoon/evening I'll be through though so I'll call before I head out.

Stan TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1997 1Z (RIP), 2002 Jetta GLS, 2002 Jetta GLS, 2006 Jetta Pkg 1
Hi All,
I need to replace the Dogbone mount insert for the frame on my 2006 TDI Manual. https://www.idparts.com/dogbone-mou...868q-avm0515-avm0516-p-2052.html#product_tabs

Based on my research, the VW engineers made this a challenging task.

It appears to be a reasonable R&R if you have this tool: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben-parts/subframe-bushing-removal-tool/lcb398sch/

Does anyone happen to have one I could borrow/rent once I find time in my schedule to do this repair?

Thanks!
Stan

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
yes, same number. Thanks!
You able to get those screws dug outta there?
If they didn't come out easy, I can pull the IC from the jetta I've been driving. All it is doing is holding the MAP sensor in place, not actually doing anything.
I coulda swore I had more of those intercoolers laying around, but somehow that's still the only one that I've seen while puttering around in the various piles of parts.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
You able to get those screws dug outta there?
If they didn't come out easy, I can pull the IC from the jetta I've been driving. All it is doing is holding the MAP sensor in place, not actually doing anything.
I coulda swore I had more of those intercoolers laying around, but somehow that's still the only one that I've seen while puttering around in the various piles of parts.
I did, thanks again!

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Looking for a speed/miles meter cap that sits atop the trans at the back. MK4 ALH

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Looking for a speed/miles meter cap that sits atop the trans at the back. MK4 ALH
got any junk automatics laying around? iirc the part inside the trans is different, but the top half that pops off rather than unscrewing, that bit is the same on either

I've surely got one around here, if you don't.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
got any junk automatics laying around? iirc the part inside the trans is different, but the top half that pops off rather than unscrewing, that bit is the same on either

I've surely got one around here, if you don't.
I have half a manual trans, but it doesn't have that part. It makes sense that the cap would be the same.

I'll buy one off you if you do.

Stan TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1997 1Z (RIP), 2002 Jetta GLS, 2002 Jetta GLS, 2006 Jetta Pkg 1
Hi All,
I need to replace the Dogbone mount insert for the frame on my 2006 TDI Manual. https://www.idparts.com/dogbone-mou...868q-avm0515-avm0516-p-2052.html#product_tabs

Based on my research, the VW engineers made this a challenging task.

It appears to be a reasonable R&R if you have this tool: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben-parts/subframe-bushing-removal-tool/lcb398sch/

Does anyone happen to have one I could borrow/rent once I find time in my schedule to do this repair?

Thanks!
Stan
Ok it looks like this is a no. I was hoping someone had done this before. And hopefully had a tool to remove the mount once the subframe is lowered.

The search continues.

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
I'm starting to get fuel supply issues, at 422k should I just go ahead and bite the bullet and do the pump?