MN Chat Thread

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
I ended up buying the light blue, ALH, rolled, partially burned engine bay, Jetta with the 5"candy cane tailpipe, ha.
Got it for the engine/manual trany stuff.
That's a lovely blue but the doors don't match any of my cars and I'm not building a harlequin.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
I ended up buying the light blue, ALH, rolled, partially burned engine bay, Jetta with the 5"candy cane tailpipe, ha.
Got it for the engine/manual trany stuff.
That's a lovely blue but the doors don't match any of my cars and I'm not building a harlequin.
It is a beautiful color, when i first saw the ad i thought that i would love a tdi in that color. Then i saw that it had been rolled. Thats a nice tailpipe lol, going to add it to one of yours?

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
Nooo I don't think so.
The candy cane tailpipe doesn't really go with the darker blue Jetta.
Beside I want to sell it when done fixing it,..
and that would lower the value, ha.
He should have put bubble making fluid in it and rolled black bubbles.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Nooo I don't think so.
Candy Cane tailpipe? What did I miss.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Nooo I don't think so.
Wait your going to fix the blue one? If so thats impressive. Wasn't the windshield all smashed and roof crinkled?

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
I took a picture but suddenly my SD card reader doesn't work,.. after the last update.
So for now imagine a 5" candy cane exhaust pipe sticking up behind the car.

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll have to get my other camera out.
Forgot to mention you need to imagine that 5" candy cane standing up 3ft high.
Straight up behind the lovely blue Jetta.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I'll have to get my other camera out.
Forgot to mention you need to imagine that 5" candy cane standing up 3ft high.
Straight up behind the lovely blue Jetta.
Who the heck ever thought it looked good... Like a side stack on a beetle.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I have far too many steel wheels with the 5x100 bolt pattern, suitable for Mk4 Volkswagens. Just five now but will have nine when I finally swap out my winter tires. Must be picked up in Saint Paul.

Edit: Also, I need a skid plate. Preferably a Dieselgeek Panzer Plate but will consider others.

Last edited:

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Who the heck ever thought it looked good... Like a side stack on a beetle.
IKR.
The guy who invented the candy cane may have?...
Ya know, to promote his product maybe...

Probably the same kind of person that put gold steelies, and a gold flapper exhaust on his beetle. Wait, i did that.... oh well😄.

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
jettabluelr by vwfatmobile, on Flickr

In the back of the car I found one of those rain caps that get used for tractors.
You know one of those that opens when you step on it but keeps the rain out when parked.
Isn't that a beautiful color? I think it's my new favorite MK4 color.
Both the driver's side doors are good if you know anyone who has one that matches.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Agreed thats a beautiful color.

Idk if theirs an actual term but around here people call them tractor flapper's. My brother has a 5" one on his truck.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Came to say hi and thank you. I've been reading a lot of great info here. I got a 2012 JSW DSG a month ago. (I know, know. Don't judge me.) I am looking for a guru/someone with more TDI experience in the St Paul area.
Welcome to the forums. Sounds like you got yourself a fun car!

MidwestLoon

TDI
2013 Passat
I'm also dropping by to say hi! Just picked up a 13' Passat. Had a great prepurchase inspection so I took the dive, and I am trying out my first diesel. There seems to be a lot to learn! I'm also a bit of a driveway mechanic, so this will be an interesting challenge

cjman

TDI
2002 Jetta
I am looking for some options on getting an ALH head rebuilt/exchanged or possible a good used on (last resort). The car is a 2002 with 355,000 miles, just did a 5 spd swap and a week later a mystery piece of plastic made the timing belt jump. Belt is still tight but is no longer in time, motor was still running but I believe there was contact. This is just a daily driver/fuel saver so I don't need anything special just need it to run.

DWNUNDR

TDI
03 Golf TDi
looking for someone to do a water pump/timing belt on an 03 Golf TDI.. puking coolant under main pulley... South of Cities area.. any recommendations... considering just selling the car... rusting but a good commuter so....

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I suggest Eric Merker at Midwest Motorworks in Hudson.

fjdiesel

TDI
76 fj40 w/05 LIberty CRD 2.8L diesel
I am gonna clean out my VW stuff. I know I will miss some stuff. But, I have a complete ALH, ECU w/ jfettig tune, 520 race nozzles, head studs, wiring harness, Coty built adapter to NV3550 trans, heavier flywheel installed, BV43A turbo, timing belt done 36k ago, donor ALH, another ALH head, BHW lower end, BHW balance shaft delete(new in box), and more parts for the ALH/BHW conversion, a handful of oil filters, and many more items. I will sell off the parts too. Just let me know what you are in need of. PM me your number and I will send you a pic of what I have.

This winter I swapped the VW out and installed a VM Motori 2.8L CRD which suits my driving style better. Nothing wrong with the ALH. We put 10K on it last year, even drove the 40 out to the Black Hills. I have an under drive on the back of the NV3550 that I was not happy with and we wanted an automatic to smooth out the ride on trails. So we did the swap and got the factory auto trans.(Just some background on why we changed)

Not trying to turn the chat page into a sale page, just wanted to let the more local guys know.

indigoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
welp... the Sportwagen has been sitting in Duluth now for going on 4 months waiting for a new DEF tank - apparently there are 0 being manufactured and very few sitting in boneyards here in the US. So we bought it ($900 for a tank) Should be getting the car back in a couple weeks. BTW: Insurance will pay for the majority of the fix (estimated @ 6K) ::Note to self - instal locking adBlue cap)