MN Chat Thread

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
I generally go to Greengeeker or do it myself now, but in the past for harder engine work ive done a lot with precision imports, and they can sometimes get people in next day. Depends how busy they are. Definitely a business i recommend tho, far as auto shops go its the nicest one I've ever seen. I'd eat off their floor in there its so clean😄. Another pro is they have loaner cars if you need one...last time we needed a loaner car we were given a v8 audi😍. So high class!

kbrenny

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta wagon TDI
GlowBugTDI, We still need to start getting a list of TDI enthusiast for a get together sometime this summer and possibly find a place to have it.

I was also wondering if there is a Malone Tuning dealer close to Cambridge, or whoever is closest to Mora. I picked something up a few weeks ago and have some plans to shed some weight that might require a tune.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
GlowBugTDI, We still need to start getting a list of TDI enthusiast for a get together sometime this summer and possibly find a place to have it.

I was also wondering if there is a Malone Tuning dealer close to Cambridge, or whoever is closest to Mora. I picked something up a few weeks ago and have some plans to shed some weight that might require a tune.

Nice! Let me know when you're ready for your tune. Malone dealer here.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
This is the busiest of all regional threads by far. Probably cut your phone and Internet bills in half by having a half dozen gtg’s a year. Shouldn’t be hard to figure out when, only two choices, late July/early August or winter

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
This is the busiest of all regional threads by far. Probably cut your phone and Internet bills in half by having a half dozen gtg’s a year. Shouldn’t be hard to figure out when, only two choices, late July/early August or winter
I'm game for a g2g in MN.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
No clue. Id probably show up to one tho. I have break the next few weeks here

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I could possibly help set one up depending on the circumstances, but sadly my schedule is way to busy to host.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
My condolences...best wishes for finding the improved employment.
cheers,
Douglas
It amounts to not wearing a harness while 4 ft up on a ladder. Wasn't an issue of not being tied off. It's just a stupid blanket policy. Must have it on even if not tight off. Just a year ban from them. I have work still.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
It amounts to not wearing a harness while 4 ft up on a ladder. Wasn't an issue of not being tied off. It's just a stupid blanket policy. Must have it on even if not tight off. Just a year ban from them. I have work still.
But that height factor😱.... lol. Meanwhile I'd be up a 32ft installing siding, windows, or installing steel roofs and life be like "whats a harness for?" (We would use them when roof pitch was too steep) so not totally sketch. I remember using my retractable to pull myself up the roof because I couldn't stick well enough. Or slide down pull the cable fast to lock and don't let it release lol

Fast cars, and unnecessary risks, We die like real men!😂

Really tho, sorry that happened man. Glad you have other work.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
But that height factor😱.... lol. Meanwhile I'd be up a 32ft installing siding, windows, or installing steel roofs and life be like "whats a harness for?" (We would use them when roof pitch was too steep) so not totally sketch. I remember using my retractable to pull myself up the roof because I couldn't stick well enough. Or slide down pull the cable fast to lock and don't let it release lol

Fast cars, and unnecessary risks, We die like real men!😂

Really tho, sorry that happened man. Glad you have other work.
Yeah I was at no risk or very very little risk. It just the stupid blanket policies some safety guy in an office creates that has never been on the job site. Doesn't realize that wearing harness when not meeting one is more of a hindrance. I've gotten it caught on so many things. My harness is almost caused me to fall 40 ft before. I'm not afraid of heights I respect heights. I know when I need to be tied off. It's only a one-year ban from the employer and not from the site.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well refreshing all the fluid in my brake system. I had one bleeder break. Went to the local auto parts store to get a new caliper. First time it was the wrong caliper and bracket. Second time is the right caliper in the wrong bracket. So I ended up keeping my original bracket. Their system will not give the correct bracket for the 312 mm rotors. But I got an OE reman caliper for 80 bucks.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Yeah I was at no risk or very very little risk. It just the stupid blanket policies some safety guy in an office creates that has never been on the job site. Doesn't realize that wearing harness when not meeting one is more of a hindrance. I've gotten it caught on so many things. My harness is almost caused me to fall 40 ft before. I'm not afraid of heights I respect heights. I know when I need to be tied off. It's only a one-year ban from the employer and not from the site.
Like ropes on ladders to extend them. First thing that comes off before my foot snags it

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Like ropes on ladders to extend them. First thing that comes off before my foot snags it
They actually asked why I didn't use it. Told me to use it. Then my foot snagged it and got yelled at for cutting it off.im the type that will cut a harness or cord and give it to them.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Count me in, I am open to whatever location works best for everyone.
In Cambrige in front of the isanti county fairgrounds there's an area (parking lot) where they have flea markets and sales and such every so often. I wonder who we'd have to get in touch with to see if we could use that space? Would be a good area, and could grill some brats or something.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Your place is pretty central. 😂. But I do need to get my trans fixed before .. and bring my stickies. I could give rides then.
My area would work well. I can't at my place as I don't really have one till i move out here in august. My parents place isn't really set up for a gtg with Parking ect. But any public area that is up for use would probably work.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
They actually asked why I didn't use it. Told me to use it. Then my foot snagged it and got yelled at for cutting it off.im the type that will cut a harness or cord and give it to them.
Give ‘em hell for me too. I’m retired and don’t get the opportunity to mess with those that make safety rules regarding processes they aren’t involved in

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Give ‘em hell for me too. I’m retired and don’t get the opportunity to mess with those that make safety rules regarding processes they aren’t involved in
Yeah. I do everything in my power to be safe. (it's my life after all) but if there is no legal spot to tie off and I'm less than 6' off the ground. Why wear it? Granted I had it on all day except breaks and had just come from break. Use your common sense man. Don't mess with someone's livelihood just to show others you caught something..

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
In Cambrige in front of the isanti county fairgrounds there's an area (parking lot) where they have flea markets and sales and such every so often. I wonder who we'd have to get in touch with to see if we could use that space? Would be a good area, and could grill some brats or something.
Don’t you guys have any moose meat?