MN Chat Thread

cjman

TDI
2002 Jetta
Not TDI related but 2008 Jetta. Can anyone in Mn do a immobilizer delete or do I just send the ECM to one of the tuners?

Thanks for your help.

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
'91 Jetta, '91 GTI, '04 Touareg
I've resided in Saint Paul, Edina, and Richfield within the past decade and damn near broke backed my mountain shoveling all that snow 😅

Worked at a indy shop called Repair Rite which then expanded to two locations. Honest and easy going owners and I would definitely recommend taking your car for repairs there.

Last edited:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Not TDI related but 2008 Jetta. Can anyone in Mn do a immobilizer delete or do I just send the ECM to one of the tuners?
I don't know of anyone in the western suburbs or out west near you. You might contact Eric Merker who is a Malone Tuning dealer, but over in Hudson WI.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
How is it i never hear of this stuff lol? I learned yesterday about the coonrapids Blvd car show yesterday when i took a wrong turn and found myself in the middle of all the fun. Ive never seen so many neat cars in one place. My first time ever seeing a blower car. Well i actually heard it first...

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
How is it i never hear of this stuff lol? I learned yesterday about the coonrapids Blvd car show yesterday when i took a wrong turn and found myself in the middle of all the fun. Ive never seen so many neat cars in one place. My first time ever seeing a blower car. Well i actually heard it first...
I wonder the same thing. You've got to be following on Facebook or whatnot (I'm not on Facebook) Would be nice if all the meets were on one website, and ya could search by state then city. But nooo. That's too eazy

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I wonder the same thing. You've got to be following on Facebook or whatnot (I'm not on Facebook) Would be nice if all the meets were on one website, and ya could search by state then city. But nooo. That's too eazy
That would be really handy.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Theres a huge car show being held in Michigan that my brothers/friends and i want to go to, but we'll see if it happens. Its at the beginning of sept. It started as a diesel show but its expanding rapidly.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Theres a huge car show being held in Michigan that my brothers/friends and i want to go to, but we'll see if it happens. Its at the beginning of sept. It started as a diesel show but its expanding rapidly.
Are you talking about St Ignace truck show or something in the western UP? They have a huge car show end of June in St Ignace along with several other shows

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Are you talking about St Ignace truck show or something in the western UP? They have a huge car show end of June in St Ignace along with several other shows
Nope, this is a new one that hasn't been hosted out there before. It's run by a guy named Cody Detwiler (WhistlinDiesel). He's a YouTuber that makes truck videos (mostly destroying them). He did one last year and had a huge turn out, and this one is supposedly going to be bigger. Funny thing he also has a vw, said its the only vehicle that won't be destroyed on his channel....few years later and its still around so i guess he's a fan.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI

I have a thread here that can be read if your interested. Basically I am getting really low mpg's (like 27mpg) and am trying to source it. I Don't have vcds, and don't know how to run it either. I'm looking for someone who is well versed in using it that could help me figure out my problem. I am willing to drive a ways depending on where you are. I don't know what is worth your time/rate, but will pay you for working with me to figure out the problem (we can discuss this more, and hopefully work something out). I usually go to Nick, but he's busy for a while so I thought I'd see who else was around. Otherwise I'll have him look at it when he has time.
Thank you.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi

I have a thread here that can be read if your interested. Basically I am getting really low mpg's (like 27mpg) and am trying to source it. I Don't have vcds, and don't know how to run it either. I'm looking for someone who is well versed in using it that could help me figure out my problem. I am willing to drive a ways depending on where you are. I don't know what is worth your time/rate, but will pay you for working with me to figure out the problem (we can discuss this more, and hopefully work something out). I usually go to Nick, but he's busy for a while so I thought I'd see who else was around. Otherwise I'll have him look at it when he has time.
Thank you.
Check brakes, Allignment. Fuel filter. Injectors. Those all won't throw a code. Fuel filter.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Check brakes, Allignment. Fuel filter. Injectors. Those all won't throw a code. Fuel filter.
Thanks! Filter is newer (7mo), I could check alligmment as idk when it was done last (figured after vcds as its like 80$). And the injectors nozzles are pp520s that were calibrated and pop tested. Installed last summer. Will check brakes in the next couple days, but seem fine.

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
I did warn of the upcoming swap meet a few pages back.

It was a good get together.
About 5 MK2s showed up, mostly 2-door Golfs.
I think they all had engine swaps/upgrades.
I learned a little about swapping a hydraulic clutch and o2A into a MK2.
I drove the 84/80 Rabbit diesel with the VNT-15.
One other MK1 was a turbo pickup.

I bought a hopped-up pressure plate for the future o2A.
a voltmeter and someone gave me an instrument cluster for an '82 diesel Rabbit.

On the way back I stopped by a guy with a craiglisting.
Picked up an ACN trany, 100mm axles and really clean outside-threaded struts housings for a MK1.
All for $50.

Back seat loaded with car parts and nanking cherry plants.
A truck was flying up behind me,..
waiting for them to fly past but nooo ,
sitting right beside me.
Looked over and the passenger lady had her phone up pointing my way.
With a big smile.
Got a whole lotta rabbit love on the way back home.

Stopped for eats at hwy 46 exit baskin Robins.
2 people came up telling me to keep the old girl runnin'.
They had rabbits and rabbit stories.

Schuttsr1

TDI
2001 Golf, 2003 Wagon, 2003 Jetta
Thanks! Filter is newer (7mo), I could check alligmment as idk when it was done last (figured after vcds as its like 80$). And the injectors nozzles are pp520s that were calibrated and pop tested. Installed last summer. Will check brakes in the next couple days, but seem fine.
First thing I would do is change the fuel filter. If the problem persists let me know. We can check your settings on the IP. Is it running any differently?

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
First thing I would do is change the fuel filter. If the problem persists let me know. We can check your settings on the IP. Is it running any differently?
I will do that, but its at half life still...has 13k miles on it.
The IQ was set when the car was tuned with a stage 3 malone....cant remember what its set at. Thats the weird thing, it drives great and starts easy. Sounds normal and has plenty of power

Schuttsr1

TDI
2001 Golf, 2003 Wagon, 2003 Jetta
I will do that, but its at half life still...has 13k miles on it.
The IQ was set when the car was tuned with a stage 3 malone....cant remember what its set at. Thats the weird thing, it drives great and starts easy. Sounds normal and has plenty of power
Sometimes you see variations in mileage from station to station. Fuel filters are a cheap place to start. Might want to peak at the air filter as well.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Sometimes you see variations in mileage from station to station. Fuel filters are a cheap place to start. Might want to peak at the air filter as well.
[/QUOT
Nick and i resurrected this car last year (he did mods). It had been sitting for 5yrs. I changed all the fluids (cept the diesel that was in the tank), and filters. I blew out the air filter last week. No change. Tomorrow i will do brakes and fuel filter.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Upullit report (east bethel):
Fresh BEW/09A
Picked over BHW
100% Rust free silver Mk4 wagon
How could someone scrap a rust free wagon for ~$325? (current pricing a few weeks ago). Up here that just sounds wrong lol. Someone would pick it up in a heart beat.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI

has some bad rust on the A pillar but who cares for the price. Actually kind of want to look at it myself

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
Ewww that creamy peanut butter interior.
Someone was looking for that stuff at the swap meet.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Ewww that creamy peanut butter interior.
Someone was looking for that stuff at the swap meet.
Ya, but it blends with the exterior and helps the exterior hide the rust better;). The hood and a lot of other parts look good. And that diesel motor is running. Probably needs a timing belt and some other stuff, but still a good price for a running driving one (depending on the wheel fall off part)