MN Chat Thread

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
idk how to upload a smaller pic to my member file. I hadn't even tried uploading it to this thread yet because it said i had to do that first. I have to figure this out tho because i was going to start a red beetle rehab thread on my red beetle restore.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
idk how to upload a smaller pic to my member file. I hadn't even tried uploading it to this thread yet because it said i had to do that first. I have to figure this out tho because i was going to start a red beetle rehab thread on my red beetle restore.
resize picture to smaller dimensions
convert format to jpg from png or other bulkier formats

then upload

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Think this might work. I'm trying Tapatalk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
i checked on my computer, and on here it's working. so yay! here you go DivineChaos:)

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
[486] your exhaust is naaasty
rofl
I blew the seams apart on my intake manifold when the HP wastegate line fell off so I have a huge metered air leak going on
I'll fix it eventually, motor has to come out to get at the intake manifold bolts because of the stupid big air-water core I welded directly to the intake
my fuel economy is way down from the boost leak, I'm only getting like 40 ish

where'd you see me?

ETA: if you mean the smell, that's from the waste oil :eek:

Last edited:

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
that's only 2 miles from home, so the piston bowls were probably cold enough to be smoking white too

Still over off radisson with the dyno, or did you move?

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
that's only 2 miles from home, so the piston bowls were probably cold enough to be smoking white too

Still over off radisson with the dyno, or did you move?
Moved 3 years ago, no longer sharing a shop, not wrenching on cars at all anymore. I'm off of 99th and Daveport now.

MPLSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
JFettig I find that hard to believe. I also find it hard to believe it's been 6-7 year since we lived near each other.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Ya it dissappeared pretty quick. Theres only a mint golf on there for 7k with 110k now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
So does anyone in MN want a 2002 5 speed with WaveTrac LSD? I have all the parts for a 5 speed swap too. It is in the classified but no bites.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well 486 bought the transmission. Anyone want a front end refresh? I have Koni Yellows with MoGolf spring upgrade ready to install as I took it out with the hub and brake assembly. The wheel bearing have barely 20,000 miles on them.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
fun fact, the offramp from 35 north to 53 is the dumbest one I've come across yet

so they've got the typical "spaghetti junction" thing going on where the freeway is elevated to avoid so much eminent domain shenanigans going on when they put in a freeway where there wasn't one

so, this offramp is up in the air, then there is a stoplight where another off-ramp (on ramp?) intersects it
both one way, with signs up stating "no turns allowed"

struck me as the oddest intersection that I've encountered so far

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
fun fact, the offramp from 35 north to 53 is the dumbest one I've come across yet

so they've got the typical "spaghetti junction" thing going on where the freeway is elevated to avoid so much eminent domain shenanigans going on when they put in a freeway where there wasn't one

so, this offramp is up in the air, then there is a stoplight where another off-ramp (on ramp?) intersects it
both one way, with signs up stating "no turns allowed"

struck me as the oddest intersection that I've encountered so far
Yes it is poorest design imaginable and the most accident prone intersection in Duluth

cochranecustoms

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 VW Beetle TDI
So it’s time to upgrade. I have driven my 1998 Vw bug for 14 years and 225k miles.

I am looking for a new or used turbo and nozzles. I just did a stage 4 clutch.

Anyone have an alh vnt17 or .216 nozzles.

I am so done with 80 horsepower.

Thanks

Nick

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey ya'll, Anybody know of a good place to get nozzles set up, and pop tested here in the Midwest? looking to have pp520's installed. or maybe look for a set already set up...
thank you!

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
honestly, I'm kind of in the "toss them together and see how they run" camp nowadays
just order 5 or 6, then use the idle power balance measuring blocks to tell which ones are outliers

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
"idle power balance measuring blocks". It's a what?

I had thought about that, but have heard it's kinda risky. Car is only at 141k...can't have it ruin a motor.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Or you Duluth people see this duluth.craigslist.org/zip/d/duluth-weathertech-cargo-mat/7132922975.html.
and I have the same diesel block heater too.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
"idle power balance measuring blocks". It's a what?

I had thought about that, but have heard it's kinda risky. Car is only at 141k...can't have it ruin a motor.
In VCDS there is a block where you can see how much variation there is in injection balance. IIRC the limit is +/- 2%.

I have a set of .185 injectors out of my 2002 that would work with your car and you could send them to DrivBiWire aka Pete Barenko at https://www.dbwllc.net/. I trust him completely. You send him injectors and then your car keeps running and then you get them back very well balanced,

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
so, anyone getting some of those free gimmiedats tonight?
lol
I'm down at my mom's in mounds view with a tube full of 12 pellet 00 in case of bad weather.

in unrelated news, oil light came on in the golf, sure glad it beeps at you
Dumped in a couple quarts when I got home. Might check the level in the morning.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
In VCDS there is a block where you can see how much variation there is in injection balance. IIRC the limit is +/- 2%.
I have a set of .185 injectors out of my 2002 that would work with your car and you could send them to DrivBiWire aka Pete Barenko at https://www.dbwllc.net/. I trust him completely. You send him injectors and then your car keeps running and then you get them back very well balanced,
oh ok, that kinda makes sense to me. ok thanks for the offer, but the car I am putting these in is my red beetle. Which is a secondary car right now. It's not going to get much use until I sell the green beetle I think. unfortunately idk if there's really a market for the tdi's right now.

Last edited: